ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appendix 2,question 2.7 about accommodation.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rayking

appendix 2,question 2.7 about accommodation.

Post by Rayking » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:58 pm

Please how best can I answer this accommodation question on appendix 2 form,it states that "Does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property" if yes provide details, name,nationality and passport number.
I presently live in a 2 bed flat rented individually from landlord.
How can I ask for his details and passport number,I don't know him and he doesn't know me,it will be awkward asking someone such a sensitive question.
Please,help me out on how to go about this. Thanks you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: appendix 2,question 2.7 about accommodation.

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:48 pm

Do you live with your landlord or do you rent a property for your sole use and have a tenancy agreement?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:04 am

No,my landlord doesn't live with me,got tenancy agreement, got letter from him already and even done house inspection report.But I share the flat with another guy and we pay separately to landlord.
Just confused about the question on the form,or can I just ignore it?
Thanks for your help.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:10 pm

Rayking wrote:Please how best can I answer this accommodation question on appendix 2 form,it states that "Does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property" if yes provide details, name,nationality and passport number.
I presently live in a 2 bed flat rented individually from landlord.
How can I ask for his details and passport number,I don't know him and he doesn't know me,it will be awkward asking someone such a sensitive question.
Please,help me out on how to go about this. Thanks you in advance.
The answer to the question would be NO,as there is nobody living with you in the room you rent from your landlord.The tenancy agreement you have got is sufficient to protect you from being evicted or told to move out, which is what can or may happen if you simply share a room/property with other friends etc.

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:25 pm

Thank you batleykhan, I'm relieved, I've gone through your past responses on this issues about accommodation and it seems it's your area of expertise, I was thinking the question is asking about the whole flat. But in my covered letter I mentioned that it's a two bed shared flat and rented individually from landlord.is that Ok or what do you think?once again,thank you

Rayking

Re: appendix 2,pls I still find these questions confusing

Post by Rayking » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:52 pm

Pls I still find this questions on accommodation a bit confusing,my flat is a two bed flat and rented individually from landlord, I just don't want to confuse ECO with my answers.
2.5 says,How many bedrooms are there in the property?
My answer 2.
2.6 How many other rooms are there in the property (not including Spam, bathroom&toilet?
2.7 Does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property?
My answer No,
My confusion is,if I share the flat with someone, would it be the right to say No to 2.7 question.
Pls,just give me an idea of how to answer these 3 confusing question.. Or should I just explain in my cover letter?
Thanks for your help always.

85 East
United Kingdom

Re: appendix 2,pls I still find these questions confusing

Post by 85 East » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:44 am

Rayking wrote:Pls I still find this questions on accommodation a bit confusing,my flat is a two bed flat and rented individually from landlord, I just don't want to confuse ECO with my answers.
2.5 says,How many bedrooms are there in the property?
My answer 2.
2.6 How many other rooms are there in the property (not including Spam, bathroom&toilet?
2.7 Does anyone other than your sponsor live in the property?
My answer No,
My confusion is,if I share the flat with someone, would it be the right to say No to 2.7 question.
Pls,just give me an idea of how to answer these 3 confusing question.. Or should I just explain in my cover letter?
Thanks for your help always.
No, it would be incorrect, as you share the flat with someone! You should answer yes to 2.7 if there is someone else living in the flat.