ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for Mother in Law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sajid08

Visit Visa for Mother in Law

Post by sajid08 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:29 am

Hi All,

We are planning to apply for a visitor visa for my mother-in-law soon, this is specially important as we need her help for the expected baby so don't want to make any mistake that wastes time, we'll be applying under General Visitor as we are on Tier 1 General visa, here are the documents coming to my mind which we can submit, please let me know if we should include something else or drop any of these.

Documents from my Mother-in-Law side
1. Original Passport
2. Bank Statement --> Account in his her name in which part of her son's salary is transferred every month
3. Letter from her son stating that he's transferring major part of his salary every month to her account which she has full rights to use.
4. Should we include her son's Salary slips as well?
5. Property Registration document which is in the name of my Father-in-Law
6. Letter from my Father-in-Law stating that she lives with him in the property permanently (what else should be mentioned in this letter?)
7. Filled in form, she has one son who works and one daughter who is studying and is still dependent on the parents, this'll be mentioned in the form.
8. Birth Certificate of My Wife --> Proof of Relationship (does this need to be translated in English?)

Documents from My Side
1. Copies of My Passport & BRP card
2. Do I need to include copies of my wife's passport & BRP card as well?
3. Bank Statement for last 6 months
4. Salary Slips
5. Letter from Employer stating I am permanent employee
6. Council Tax Letter
7. Tenancy Agreement
8. Utility Bill
9. Should we include anything related to Pregnancy? Heard it's taken as negative if you show you are applying to get them here to help you during pregnancy & after.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Syed

skilled_migrant

Re: Visit Visa for Mother in Law

Post by skilled_migrant » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:02 pm

Documents from your mother-in-law sides looks ok.

Documents from Your Side:
Very important to include a letter of sponsorship, state the reason of her visit. It is not negative but actually very positive thing if she is coming at an important occasion (New baby). There is no need to include anything related to pregnancy, hope case worker believe you.

Yes, you should include copies of your wife's passport & BRP card as well.

There is no need for utility bill. You have already included council tax letter and tenancy agreement.
(is any of these is on joint name? it is not necessary but will add into weight if it is on joint name)

saeedusman
Member of Standing

Re: Visit Visa for Mother in Law

Post by saeedusman » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Letter from the doctor confirming this should also be attached, or sometimes you can get the letter from midwife.

But still you need to emphasis on many things, this is not so straight forwared as we think.

I recently had few experiences, so know proper documentation is very important.

Good luck.