ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa for parents, Some questions on Application form

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chsubbu33
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa for parents, Some questions on Application form

Post by chsubbu33 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Hi All,

I have started filling the online application form for my parents visit to UK under General Visitor Visa. I have all documents (payslips, bank statements, council tax and other things) from my side but only concern is about the income related supported documents that I can submit for my parents. My parents were running the Small General Store few years back in village but not now. My parents are staying with my brother who is running the General Store now but don't have any Bank account or income proof or IT returns as this is small business. I have recently took post office savings bond for 2 lakhs on my father name and they have property (open land and own house) documents on my parents name. I face some difficulties in filling the form about Income and Expense details section. It would be great to know how these tricky questions to be answered and necessary documents to submit.
I am not sure if anyone can share the details as such in the visa online application form as below.

1. What is your current working status?
A. Which one to say Retired or "Supported by spouse/Partner/other"?
2. Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
A. I will show open land and own house, post office deposits as savings but nothing to show as regular income.
3. How much do you spend each month on living costs?
A. 100 pounds?
4.How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
A. O pounds?
5.What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
A. 250 pounds but I am not sure
6.The total amount of money you have for this trip
A. 250 pounds but I am not sure
7.The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
A. 600 pounds
8.The cost of your accommodation
A. Free ? as they will be staying with me here
9.The cost of your living expenses
A.250 pounds, I assume it is for UK expenses
10.Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
Yes
11.What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
A. I am showing 4000 pounds in total as funds maintenance but how much should i put it here? I am applying for both parents so should i spilt the amount and show.

It would be helpful to know if any one come across this type of situation or have any idea on how to go about it.

Thanks,
Subbu.

skilled_migrant

Re: Visitor Visa for parents, Some questions on Application

Post by skilled_migrant » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:51 pm

My parents got visit visa recently. Although consultant advised me not apply because they did not have any bank account / savings on their name. But I went against his advice and got it.

I think it depends on the case worker, if he is satisfied they will get visa. No hard rules.
Here is how I answered:

1. What is your current working status?
Retired
2. Do you have savings, properties or other income, for example from stocks and shares?
Yes (provided documents of agriculture land, home and residential plot)
3. How much do you spend each month on living costs?
£150
4.How much of your total monthly income is given to your family members and other dependants?
£50
5.What is the cost to you personally of your trip in GBP(£)?
6.The total amount of money you have for this trip
£1000
7.The cost of the aeroplane, boat or train tickets
£550
8.The cost of your accommodation
9.The cost of your living expenses
10.Is someone other than you paying for all or a part of your trip?
Yes
11.What is the total amount in GBP(£)?
£2000 (Although I had £5000 in my bank statement)

Do not ever say that you are the only supporter of your parents. Mention other brothers who live with them give regular money to them. You have to convince case worker somehow that they will return to home country after their visit.

I provided a lease document of agriculture land with annual income of about £2000. That was the only income they had.

halasam
Newly Registered

Re: Visitor Visa for parents, Some questions on Application

Post by halasam » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:57 pm

Hello I plan to visit my friend in Uk and I don't have a bank account and i still student can my friend sponsor me?