ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch sponsor on tier 2 general visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

AhmedSalah
Newly Registered

Switch sponsor on tier 2 general visa

Post by AhmedSalah » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:08 pm

Hello,

I'm currently on tier 2 general visa sponsored by my current employer.
Visa is valid from : 08/07/2012 to 30/07/2015
I've entered UK on 29/07/2012

I've a job offer from another company who is willing to sponsor me.

After spending sometime searching and reading some documents, I came up with the following conclusions ( please correct me if I'm wrong ):
1- I'll apply again for a new Tier 2 General VISA.
2- The expiry date of this new VISA will be equal to the expiry date of the CoS ( if CoS is for 3 years, my T2G will expire in 3 years. )
3- The cooling-off period won't apply to me since I'll apply for the new VISA from within the UK.
4- I should only resign from my current job when I receive the new VISA in order to avoid any problems ( like a refused visa application ) which might lead to leaving the country and consequently hitting the cooling-off period.

Now I've a few questions:
1- I've been in UK for almost 2 years now, and I'm planning to apply for "Indefinite leave to remain" in 3 years. Obviously I should be in UK for 5 years before applying for that. My new VISA will expire in 3 years and by the end of this time I would have stayed in UK for 5 years ( give or take 1/2 month ). How can I be prepared for that ? Obviously I should file my application for the indefinite leave before my new VISA expires, so by the time of filing this new application I will definitely be under 5 years. Does this mean that I'll have to extend my tier 2 VISA first just for a few months and then apply after a few months for the indefinite leave ?

2- How long would it take for my employer to get a CoS ? ( I've read that it's 4 weeks, but I would assume that it's the maximum .. what's the average ? )

3- Are there any things that I should put in mind while doing this move ? Any other hidden obstacles that I should be wary of ?

Thanks a lot for your answers.

AhmedSalah
Newly Registered

Re: Switch sponsor on tier 2 general visa

Post by AhmedSalah » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:23 am

I'm very sorry for top-posting, but I urgently need an answer for this question.

rex90

Post by rex90 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:02 pm

1) I'm not sure you can apply for ILR using two different tier 2s culmination of 5 years - someone else will need to answer this.

2) Your employer should be able to issue the CoS very quicky (matter of minutes). They can only do this though once they have
completed the RESIDENT LABOUR MARKET TEST, which needs to run for a minimum of 28 days.

3) Watch the amount of time spent out of UK.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:56 pm

1. if you would not have spent 5 years, then yes u will have to apply for extension for few months.. u can apply 28 days before completing you 5 years for ILR.
2. Make sure the requirements of RLMT are met fully, the soc code is correct and pay is accordingly correct. The start date should also be such that u will be able to serve notice at ur current company.