ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancelling visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheesecake99
Newly Registered

Cancelling visa

Post by cheesecake99 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:54 am

Hi everyone

I applied for and received an Entreprenuer Visa in January 2014. My circumstances have now changed and I no longer intend to use this visa. I will, however, be visiting the UK as a tourist in July and again in August.

When I arrive in Heathrow, I intend to tell Border Control I want to enter as a tourist, and not as an Entrepreneur. I assume they will cancel my Entreprenuer Visa. However, I am a wee bit concerned that there might be some rule that says I can't be let in as a tourist if they have to cancel a visa at the same time. Can anyone offer any insight on this? I am a New Zealand so am eligible for a visit visa on arrival.

Many thanks

BlackBirdSSG
Member of Standing

Re: Cancelling visa

Post by BlackBirdSSG » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:38 pm

You need to inform UK High Commission in your home country rather than telling them at the airport immigration desk. Only when they cancel your visa, you will be allowed to start your journey as a tourist.

If I were you, I would do that to avoid any problem at airport.