ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Settlement Visa for Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sherza

Family Settlement Visa for Child

Post by Sherza » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 am

Hi.

I am planning to apply for my 12 year old son for family settlement visa from Pakistan. I have few questions if someone could help answer them briefly. Here is some background to my circumstances. Me and my wife have ILR status and have two children under the age of 7 living with us who have got British passports now. So four us live in the UK. My 12 years son abroad who I intend to bring here to the UK is from my previous relationship and lives with my mother as that relationship ended with separation (divorce) shortly after his birth and his mother got married elsewhere and the child was left with me. He has got no contact with his mother and I am responsible for his maintenance.

1. Do I have to prove financial requirement or merely have to show adequate maintenance and accommodation.
(I have asked this question before in January 2013 where Amber replied: The financial requirement does not apply to child applications. Instead, you merely have to show adequate maintenance and accommodation. Just want to clarify that rules have not changed since.

2. How important is it to get Housing Inspection Report. Would a statement from landlord and tenancy agreement explaining the house layout be not enough? (Thinking about saving some money here).

3. Do I have to provide any evidence that I have separated from my previous wife and that I have sole responsibility for his upbringing. My problem is that there is no court or legal system in the tribal area where my son lives (my family house) and I will struggle documentation.

4. Am I right to believe that I can show Child tax and child Benefits payments as financial support to supplement my earning from employment. I currently earn about £23000 pretax from single employment and my wife does work.

5. I sent money to my mother and son through a bank transfer every month. Is this something I need to mention and provide paperwork?

6. Should I wait for my citizenship to come through in few months time (if it does) or does it make any difference on son's applications.

7. Is VAF4A and Appendix 2 of VAF4A are the right forms to fill?

My apologies for any repeat questions. Any help appreciated.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Family Settlement Visa for Child

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:00 pm

Basically, you’ll only be able to bring the child if you can evidence that you have sole custody/responsibility for the child. Assuming you do.

1. Adequate maintenance and accommodation.
2. Not.
3. Big problem, try and get evidence.
4. Yes.
5. You can to show that you are responsible for the child.
6. No difference.
7. No, VAF4A and Appendix 1, I’m sure I’ve already answered these questions!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Sherza

Re: Family Settlement Visa for Child

Post by Sherza » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:48 am

Amber_ wrote:Basically, you’ll only be able to bring the child if you can evidence that your have sole custody/responsibility for the child. Assuming you do.

1. Adequate maintenance and accommodation.
2. Not.
3. Big problem, try and get evidence.
4. Yes.
5. You can to show that you are responsible for the child.
6. No difference.
7. No, VAF4A and Appendix 1, I’m sure I’ve already answered these questions!

Hi Amber. Can't thank you enough. Much appreciated.