ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration Solicitors – Breytenbachs

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MarioSA

Immigration Solicitors – Breytenbachs

Post by MarioSA » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:21 am

Have any of you used them before? I’m looking for good immigration solicitors. It’s a simple case – Work Permit to ILR.

joannedp
Newly Registered

Post by joannedp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:46 am

I used them to get my work permit in 2002 (I know, quite a while ago) and they were good. I would advise you to double check any forms before they send it off, as they had my passport number wrong. This is something that you should always do, since I'm busy applying for an Australian Work Permit through another company and they also got my passport number wrong. Silly mistake, big consequences.

Dawie
Diamond Member

Re: Immigration Solicitors – Breytenbachs

Post by Dawie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:54 am

MarioSA wrote:Have any of you used them before? I’m looking for good immigration solicitors. It’s a simple case – Work Permit to ILR.
If you want the Broederbond looking after your application then go for it. Have you seen the photo of the main partner, Hannes Breytenbach?

A Mauritian friend of mine used them for an ILR application and they f***ed it up bigtime.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:07 pm

Hi there Dawie,

Thanks for the response. I just had a very bad experience with them. I won’t go into detail (just yet) but I can tell you, my personal experience of their service left a lot to be desired. In the end I decided not to go with them.

I earlier today I received an email from one of their advisers, saying he was going to charge me for time spent on the phone and also for an email he sent me. This is after his colleague called me up to apologise for missing our appointment yesterday. Crazy!

Thanks again Dawie, your advice is always appreciated. Is there anyone you can recommend?

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:15 pm

Mario, if you application is straightforward, then I would honestly recommend doing it yourself and going for an appointment at Croydon.

All you have to do is download the application form from the Home Office website, make sure you've got all the documention together that you need, which is made very clear on the application form, and you will get your ILR on the same day as your appointment.

Of course don't forget that you have to do your life in the uk test too!

But really, there is absolutely no need to use a slimey immigration consultant if your case is straightforward! Not only will you save a lot of time and hassle by doing it yourself, but you will also save yourself some money.
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:23 pm

I've booked my test for tomorrow - 1st Edition.

I think I'll take your advice and head down to croyden myself.

Cheers mate.

Siggi

Post by Siggi » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:04 pm

MarioSA
Don't fret about the Britishness test, I did mine in Jan 07 and it was a insult to my low intelegence.
Both my wife and I completed and passed it in 5 and 6 minutes flat.
All I had done for revision was the free on-line tests.
Good luck!

SK1

Post by SK1 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:45 pm

Dawie wrote:Mario, if you application is straightforward, then I would honestly recommend doing it yourself and going for an appointment at Croydon.

All you have to do is download the application form from the Home Office website, make sure you've got all the documention together that you need, which is made very clear on the application form, and you will get your ILR on the same day as your appointment.

Of course don't forget that you have to do your life in the uk test too!

But really, there is absolutely no need to use a slimey immigration consultant if your case is straightforward! Not only will you save a lot of time and hassle by doing it yourself, but you will also save yourself some money.
I wholeheartedly agree with Dawie. If it's straightforward do it yourself. If you understand English and can read the forms and guidance notes, why pay for their services. I did all my forms myself and went to Croydon on a number of occasions and 6 years on, I'm still here and British now.

I have a friend who has decided against using them and he will be doing his HSMP application himself later this year.

Good luck with the test and the application.

SK1

MarioSA

Post by MarioSA » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:45 pm

Guys, thanks so much for the positive responses.

Marco 72
Diamond Member

Post by Marco 72 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:54 pm

joannedp wrote:I used them to get my work permit in 2002 (I know, quite a while ago) and they were good. I would advise you to double check any forms before they send it off, as they had my passport number wrong.
I'm not sure I see how they can be good and mess up such a basic detail as your passport number.