ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Eligibility

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vikas_2603

English Language Eligibility

Post by vikas_2603 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:49 pm

All - My wife is applying for "settlement-settlement-wife" (dependent visa) from India as I am a British citizen. In order to prove her English language skills, would the point based calculator suffice or does she need any other document such as letter from her college confirming that the degree was taught in English. Or she would need to take an English language test?

Thanks
Vikas

mooty

Re: English Language Eligibility

Post by mooty » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:25 pm

I had obtained UK NARIC SoC, ELA and the letter form the University in order to satisfy the English language Requirement. I had applied applied last week.

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Thanks Mooty. Are you a British citizen and applied for your wife's settlement visa from India? If yes, is it ok if I PM you for some queries?

How can I obtain UK Naric SOC? How long does it take?
What is ELA? How to get that?

Regards
Vikas

mooty

Post by mooty » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 pm

it usually take 15 working days. further instruction could be found on this link https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/default.aspx
ELA=English Language Assessment

vikas_2603

Post by vikas_2603 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:07 pm

Thanks Mooty. Can you please help me with an example covering letter for the application?