ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Presentation of bundle for spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jem60

Presentation of bundle for spouse visa application

Post by Jem60 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:21 pm

I hope someone can advise me on what is the best way to present the information for a spouse visa (leave to enter). On previous visitor application we were advised to put everything in a brown envelope, but I am worried that with so much paperwork some kind of file would be best. Do we need a contents list etc? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you.

SoHopeful

Re: Presentation of bundle for spouse visa application

Post by SoHopeful » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:25 pm

I did a contents list so they could see what exactly I had included in the documents and organised everything into sections accordingly (personal info/proof of relationship/accommodation/finance) then put them into paper folders.

Unfortunately much of our documents were mislaid despite all our efforts but doing so definitely helps to check that you have everything required.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:05 am

SoHopeful wrote:I did a contents list so they could see what exactly I had included in the documents and organised everything into sections accordingly (personal info/proof of relationship/accommodation/finance) then put them into paper folders.

Unfortunately much of our documents were mislaid despite all our efforts but doing so definitely helps to check that you have everything required.
Thanks for the information. I hope you managed to sort everything out. This is what worries me most, them saying they have not received everything because they have lost them!

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:18 pm

Well on the plus side they were not mislaid until after the decision was made :roll:
It was just frustrating that they were so careless with enough documents for someone to commit fraud if they wanted to!!

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:49 pm

@sohopeful,I sent you a p.m,could you help me with it pls. Thanks

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi there
I'm a little confused AGAIN! When an application for spouse visa is submitted online, does every other application, ie. Appendix 2, Financial Information just have to be printed and taken to the appointment or does this have to be submitted online as well?
Thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:01 am

Printed out.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:42 am

Thanks Amber. Does the sponsor's copy of passport have to be certified, and if so, by whom? Also you have me a link to show how to set out financial information to prove adequate maintenance. The link was from advice you gave for an appeal so I was wondering if I still include the paragraph starting 'following the upper tribunal case of Ahmed...' Or do I just use the formula? Also, does each page sent have to include applicant details at the top and can this be written on afterwards? Sorry for all the questions, just scared of getting something simple wrong.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:42 pm

Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:08 pm

Thanks, but do I make the quote about the upper tribunal case of Ahmed... Or do I just put in the figures? Does a weekly/monthly payment have to be showing ON bank statement for PIP and Housing Benefit? The payments showing for both of these include 6 months backdated payment.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Just the figures ought to suffice with reference to their guidance.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Can anyone tell me if name and passport details need to be on each page sent? If so, can these be written on afterwards or put on stickers. If the sponsor has previously been divorced do they need to show birth, marriage and divorce certificates or is just the decree absolute needed?
Thanks

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:34 pm

You only need to submit your decree absolute,that other question isn't very clear but if I get you right,you might need to send each passport page & data page. some do say it's better if you certify it as well.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:39 pm

Thanks Rayking. Sorry you're right, the other question wasn't clear. I'm referring to all the evidence sent such as support letters. Bank statements, birth certificates. Do these all have to be labelled with applicant name etc?
Thank you.

Jem60

Post by Jem60 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:01 pm

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, but does anyone know how to answer the question on the financial form regarding how much the sponsor spends on her children? I've no idea what to include in this figure and whether the decision maker will use the figure to dispute that there's not enough left over to support the applicant.
Thanks. X