ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA AND NON EEA BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ANGELA LIMA

EEA AND NON EEA BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:03 am

Hi

My husband is an EEA living in the UK since 2004.Working . He hasn't applied for PR
I am a non EEA who came as a student in 2005
Living together since 2008, our first daughter was born in 2009, we got married in 03/2010.
RC stamped on passport on 06/2010.

Questions :

1) Can my husband apply for British Citizenship straight without applying for PR (EEA3)?
2)Which impact this will have on my future application for British Citizenship?
3) Does it count the five years on the date of our marriage or on the date on the stamp?
4) If he get British Citizenship , can I apply straight away as well waiving one year PR?

Thanks in advance...

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA AND NON EEA BRITISH CITIZENSHIP

Post by chaoclive » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:51 am

1) If he was exercising treaty rights for 5 years, e.g. working/self-employed/studying with medical insurance/self-sufficient with medical insurance, then he will have automatically achieved PR without having to apply on EEA3. Did he fulfill other restrictions, e.g. WRS etc?
2) See 4
3) 5 years from the date of your marriage.
4) Yes, no need for that extra year.

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:37 am

Be very sure that he will not need to rely upon EEA rights in the future as his naturalisation may rule out wholely fresh applications based on his EEA national status, this may particularly be important if there are any other family members that could have benefitted from his EEA rights in the future. As you already have a residence card you benefit from transitional provisions.

ANGELA LIMA

Post by ANGELA LIMA » Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:30 pm

My husband is Portuguese . No WRS. Which documents he will need to apply for BC and what are the steps?

Regards.

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:53 am

ANGELA LIMA wrote:My husband is Portuguese . No WRS. Which documents he will need to apply for BC and what are the steps?

Regards.
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen (Google: 20 seconds)