ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Liam appointed Minister for West Midlands

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PASS

Liam appointed Minister for West Midlands

Post by PASS » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 pm

http://www.liambyrne.co.uk/

May be this is in addition to Minister for immigration and asylum

gordon

Post by gordon » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:17 pm

On that website it reads 'The Hodge Hill MP sought the meeting with the area’s new housing chief to explore options around throwing people out of their neighbourhoods for anti-social behaviour.'

But on the sidebar, right next to the quotation above, it reads:
'Does your area suffer from graffiti? Have you got problems with fly-tippers and rubbish on your streets.
If so, tell me about it, and I will contact Birmingham City Council to get it cleared up.'

The careless reader might be forgiven for thinking that nuisance neighbours would be cleared with this week's rubbish. I can just see the notices now: 'Please deposit all nuisance neighbours into designated bin liners and place tidily at kerb alongside rubbish and recycling bins for collection on Tuesday morning.'

Rog
Member of Standing

Post by Rog » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:31 pm

He has good practice in the ongoing process of cleaning up UK of skilled migrants who are a great nuisance to UK.

I was hoping he would be moved out of immigration in the new government. I understand that he is just an instrument to convey the govt policy but still there would satisfaction in seeing his back.

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:19 pm

Who is know the immigration ministers ?

Pantaiema

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:24 am

Regretfully Liam Bryne is still the Minister for immigration and asylum, as well as now also being the Minister for the West Midlands.

I say regretfully because under his watch the application fees just keep rocketing, and there are still people waiting years for some sorts of applications to be dealt with.

Not acceptable Mr Bryne! Not fit for purpose!
John

PASS

Post by PASS » Sat Jun 30, 2007 9:10 am

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/a ... an0708.pdf

Look at this, a Business Plan (purely a commercial approach). LB is a produce of Harvard Business School, so, no surprise with his approach! Now, we have our Prime Minister from financial background, hence, LB’s approach will be much appreciated. This approach is not targeted to immigrants alone, it includes British Citzens as well, as we have seen with passport fees.

Net result: Expect more regular fees hike in tandem with demand.

LondonBlonde

Post by LondonBlonde » Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:14 am

This is so funny that Byrne has his own website with his name as the url.

He is .co.uk because some rubbish singer has already taken www.liambyrne.com

Long live Liam J. Byrne the musician! (the J is for Jesus)

LondonBlonde

pantaiema
Diamond Member

Post by pantaiema » Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:26 pm

Bad news ...

Pantaiema
John wrote:Regretfully Liam Bryne is still the Minister for immigration and asylum, .
Not acceptable Mr Bryne! Not fit for purpose!