ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise Plz...

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rirari200813
Newly Registered

Advise Plz...

Post by rirari200813 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Dear Sir,

I recently got ILR on TIER-1 General. I did not apply ILR for my daughter at the time I applied for my ILR. I though that
I will apply naturalization straight away for both once we get the ILR.

Now the problem is I have been to Nationality Checking Service today to apply for my both children's. The officer told that he can't accept my son's application as he was born in India and have accepted my daughters application as she was born in UK. He suggested me that I have to apply ILR for my son and then I have to apply later for his naturalization.

Kindly please advise me is the officer said is true and if it is what application form I have to use for my sons application (i.e, SET(o) or SET(f). I am little bit confused and please advise.

Thanks in advanceW

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Advise Plz...

Post by shahid2000 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:33 am

I don't know about the form but the officer is correct, your son will need ILR before he can apply for naturalization. If his current visa is not expired then I suggest you apply ILR asap.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Advise Plz...

Post by go2khurram » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:51 am

If your child under 18 then set F
*please do not take this as professional advice**