ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization for Baby on Tier2 Dependent Visa

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

applefan123

Naturalization for Baby on Tier2 Dependent Visa

Post by applefan123 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply for naturalisation in couple of days.
My wife holds ILR.
My baby is just 10 months old, born outside UK and currently in UK on Tier2 dependant visa.

My Questions is:
Can I include my baby with my application for Naturalisation? (Baby entered UK in April 2014)
However, my wife needs to wait another 3 years to complete her residency qualification period for citizenship.

Thanks

ouflak1

Re: Naturalization for Baby on Tier2 Dependent Visa

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:23 pm

No. Applications for citizenship are entirely individual and each person's case is decided on its own merits. Your application will be using form AN. Your child should qualify to register using an MN1 application based on 3(1).

applefan123

Post by applefan123 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:36 pm

Do you mean that,
I, as a father should apply with AR Form and Child should apply with MN1 Form?

applefan123

Post by applefan123 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:57 pm

Can any experts please let me know if I can include my baby for Naturalisation with my Application? My baby is on Tier 2 dependent visa.
Do baby need to have Naturalisation before applying for British Passport? OR else when I apply for passport after naturalisation, I can apply directly for my baby also without Naturalisation for her? Suggestions please...

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:49 am

Registration on form MN1 for baby is required as baby is not automatically British. They may prefer baby to have ILR.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:30 am

MN1 (british nationality) is for children born in uk and any one of the parents then get ILR as your baby was born outside uk so this may not apply unless you apply under discretion and get successful

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:17 pm

Mn1 is not only for children born in the UK :shock:

Vinny has given the correct information.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:57 am

ali_asad_pk wrote:MN1 (british nationality) is for children born in uk and any one of the parents then get ILR as your baby was born outside uk so this may not apply unless you apply under discretion and get successful
This is entirely wrong. MN1 registration covers a variety of situations for registering children as British Citizens from cases where it is simply a matter of applying current citizenship law, to cases where discretion is requested and is entirely based on the circumstances of the family of the child or whatever compelling reasons the parents feel deserve special consideration. It is quite broad sweeping and of the two most referenced subsections on this website (and likely the most common conditions under which this registration occurs), 3(1) is specifically for children born outside of the UK.

ali_asad_pk

Post by ali_asad_pk » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:02 am

Thank you Amber_ and ouflak1

I meant to say something else but I read my post and realised that I made mess of it. Thanks for correcting and spotting mistake, appreciated. As already enough information has been contributed so no need for me to say now what I was trying.

Thanks guys for good work