ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can i reapply while JR in process

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

amnaali03

can i reapply while JR in process

Post by amnaali03 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi,

Can i send a fresh application, while judicial review is accepted and no hearing date yet. Some solicitor told me that JR is not an appeal, so you can launch a fresh application with out taking back JR.

I am hopeful to win case in JR, but not want to miss the chance of reapply, as my visa is going to end in a month.

Your reply will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: can i reapply while JR in process

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:30 am

Yes, you may.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 am

I thought that by submitting a new application you in effect abandon the previous application? If my thinking is correct by default a JR would fail to have force as you have ceased to pursue the previous visa in favour of a new application???

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:42 am

That's correct for an appeal within the rules. JR is decide whether the public body acted ultra vires e.g. Proportionality, wednesbury unreasonable etc....
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.