ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusions on form AN.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Alto1000
Newly Registered

Confusions on form AN.

Post by Alto1000 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:05 pm

Me and my wife are from Hungary (eea country) and living and working in the UK since 04.2008.
I got a job from day 1, and my wife got a job 4 weeks later.
I only registered with WRS in 08.2008 and mu wife only registered it 09.2008.
We are applying for naturalisation as a joint application (whether joint app still exits or not is another question, as on the form there is no joint fee visible anymore).
Can we actually apply now? Today is 27.06.2014.

I already read the guide for form An and the booklet as well.
Questions:
On form AN, point 1.1 what is home office reference number? I am not aware if we have one. This need to be filled, but there is no option to tick "i don't have".
We never applied for ILR or PR as wasn't necessary due to being an A8 EEA member.

Point 1.3: As we are in the UK working under treaty rights, we never got an ILR cards, as we never had to apply, also have no idea what right to abode mean and how to prove it in case of EEA and being an A8 member. Checked page 9-10 in booklet AN, but it is not clear whether I need to enter any dates here or not.

Point 2.6 As WRS is not mandatory to have anymore, do I actually need to enter the date of my WRS application start here? What if someone have no WRS? They may be considered to be here longer if they arrived on the same day to the UK as me? I didnt even know what WRS was when I arrived, and I just did it as some friends said it is needed. Nor my employer, or NI or Tax office ever asked for it.,

Point 3.5 what is tax office ref no? Nobody has such thing on the P60. But we have PAYE ref no. Is that the same? Googled and many people got confused with this one as well.

We would like to apply now, as we are in the UK for 6 years and 2 months. Never had a day unemployed, and had rents all time.

Please help.
We wanna apply now, and not in 5 months. I understand if we would apply in September, it should have been ALL OK.

Thanks!!!!

SouthWest1

Re: Confusions on form AN.

Post by SouthWest1 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Alto1000 wrote:Me and my wife are from Hungary (eea country) and living and working in the UK since 04.2008.
I got a job from day 1, and my wife got a job 4 weeks later.
I only registered with WRS in 08.2008 and mu wife only registered it 09.2008.
We are applying for naturalisation as a joint application (whether joint app still exits or not is another question, as on the form there is no joint fee visible anymore). discount rate for joint application does not exist any more. so call it 2 applications on the same time
Can we actually apply now? Today is 27.06.2014.
Based on your timeline, you obtained your PR on 08.2013 plus 1 year , so you should apply on 08.2014. same for your wife but on 09.2014 ( also make sure your WRS covered you for the 12 months with one employer )

I already read the guide for form An and the booklet as well.
Questions:
On form AN, point 1.1 what is home office reference number? I am not aware if we have one. This need to be filled, but there is no option to tick "i don't have".
We never applied for ILR or PR as wasn't necessary due to being an A8 EEA member.

just leave it blank

Point 1.3: As we are in the UK working under treaty rights, we never got an ILR cards, as we never had to apply, also have no idea what right to abode mean and how to prove it in case of EEA and being an A8 member. Checked page 9-10 in booklet AN, but it is not clear whether I need to enter any dates here or not.
ignore

Point 2.6 As WRS is not mandatory to have anymore, do I actually need to enter the date of my WRS application start here? What if someone have no WRS? They may be considered to be here longer if they arrived on the same day to the UK as me? I didnt even know what WRS was when I arrived, and I just did it as some friends said it is needed. Nor my employer, or NI or Tax office ever asked for it.
yes . you should. if you applying for BC and part of your period was covered with WRS ( as in your case), then it should be added.
however, if you never applied for WRS for example, then your qualifying period for BC will start from 04.2011 which was the month where WRS was abolished. any previous employment will not count

Point 3.5 what is tax office ref no? Nobody has such thing on the P60. But we have PAYE ref no. Is that the same? Googled and many people got confused with this one as well.

there is a reference number on your P60. just add it to the application. if in doubt, contact your employer HR and ask for it. it is normally numbers followed by a letter ( like 123\A)

We would like to apply now, as we are in the UK for 6 years and 2 months. Never had a day unemployed, and had rents all time.
yes you are but not in qualifying capacity because of WRS.
Please help.
We wanna apply now, and not in 5 months. I understand if we would apply in September, it should have been ALL OK.
You said it your self. September 2014 is the right time to apply

Thanks!!!!