ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SET (M) questions - Urgent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zubair_hr

SET (M) questions - Urgent

Post by zubair_hr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Hi All

I need you advice on few questions in SET (M) form which I am completing for my wife's ILR.

Section
2.6 : When did you begin living together?
Is this question related to when we started living together in the UK? or When we got married abroad and we lived together while I was there for around 3 weeks?

2.11: When did you see last see your partner?
We both are currently living together at same address what shall i answer to this?

2.27: Do you or your partner have any shared financial responsibilities.
We both have a joint account where our salaries are paid in and all bills / direct debits go out. My wife does have bills in her name but the direct debits or these bills are paid by me. Am I OK to say NO to above question?

Section 3 - Children Under 18.

We have a 18 months old daughter who is British Citizen, do i need to include her details in this section? Though I will be sending her original birth certificate with the application.

Thank you
Zubair

nadeem toheed

Re: SET (M) questions - Urgent

Post by nadeem toheed » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:17 pm

zubair_hr wrote:Hi All

I need you advice on few questions in SET (M) form which I am completing for my wife's ILR.

Section
Is this question related to when we started living together in the UK? or When we got married abroad and we lived together while I was there for around 3 weeks? (Marriage Date)

We both are currently living together at same address what shall i answer to this?(Living Together)

We both have a joint account where our salaries are paid in and all bills / direct debits go out. My wife does have bills in her name but the direct debits or these bills are paid by me. Am I OK to say NO to above question? OK

We have a 18 months old daughter who is British Citizen, do i need to include her details in this section? Though I will be sending her original birth certificate with the application.(No need to include your child)

Thank you
Zubair

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks Nadeem for your prompt response. Much appreciated.

If anyone has a different opinion please let me know.

Thanks

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:20 am

Hi All

Section
Is this question related to when we started living together in the UK? or When we got married abroad and we lived together while I was there for around 3 weeks?
this is how I ans all q and got Ilr without any prob.
I wrote my wedding date here .because technically that's the day when we start living together although it's abroad and I join my hubby after 9 months

We both are currently living together at same address what shall i answer to this?
we are living together ,that's what I wrote.

We both have a joint account where our salaries are paid in and all bills / direct debits go out. My wife does have bills in her name but the direct debits or these bills are paid by me. Am I OK to say NO to above question?

I wrote no ,but it's about mortgages and some things like that

We have a 18 months old daughter who is British Citizen, do i need to include her details in this section? Though I will be sending her original birth certificate with the application.
you have to fill section 4 till 4.3 according to situation then in 4.9 just write my kid is British so never included in this application.if you keep this section blank then your application will turn out invalid .hope this helps

Thank you
Zubair
ss

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:26 pm

There are common questions that catch many people out. They would vary depending on your circumstances. I would put down:

2.6 When did you begin living together?
I would use the date spouse arrived in the UK as that is technically the date we started living together (unless you lived abroad together for a while)

2.10 How often do you see (meet) your partner?
Everyday

2.11 When did you last see your partner?
Today

2.27 Do you or your partner have any shared financial responsibilities?
Unless you're both working and contributing the the mortgage, bills etc.. I would put No.

Children under 18 who are British citizen don't need to be mentioned on the form as you are not making an application for them...they are already British!
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

zubair_hr

Post by zubair_hr » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:41 pm

All - thank you for comments and opinions, much appreciated.
Zubair

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:37 am

zubair_hr wrote:Hi All

Section

Thank you
Zubair
My wife just got ILR at Sheffield last week.
I filled her forms.
2.6(b) 3 weeks is not enough to say living together, you should mention the date when your wife arrived in uk
2.11(b) mention, we are living together.
2.27 if both of you working and getting wages then yes, but if you are working only then no, if the bills are in her name that's a different thing, I don't see that matters.
Section 3, there is no harm in mentioning your child details however she is not included in this application, I mentioned my boys details and his British passport details as well. Yes include her full birth certificate which will be showing both parents name which is another proof that you are In relation as husband and wife.