ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN1 and LIUK Test

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Form AN1 and LIUK Test

Post by Wanderer » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Struggling with it!!

The question asks;

1.22 How do you intend to satisfy the requirement to have sufficient knowledge of language and life in the UK?

Big Tick - I have passed the Life in the UK test and attach confirmation - Tick Box

The test number is: Seven Digit Number Tick Box

AND EITHER

Blah, blah, yadda yadda....

Well, my partner has passed the LIUK test and has a UK degree so no issues there, but she used enclosed the test cert for ILR and it was never returned (she is meticulous about this sort of thing - all is on folders and sleeves etc) and we didn't take a copy due to the sheer volume of paperwork with that application.

We also have no record of the test number.

Surely she doesn't have to take it again?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

WR1

Re: Form AN1 and LIUK Test

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:51 pm

The home office has records of people having passed their LIUK electronically known the the warehouse.

According to the Knowledge of Language and Life in the UK document (on GOV.UK website) on page 19 it states:

People who pass the Life in the UK test receive a pass notification letter. They must include this with their indefinite leave application. Applicants have had to sign their pass notification letters since 16 March 2008.
Test results are sent to the Home Office electronically. This information is put onto Warehouse. You must check the applicant has passed the test on Warehouse.
Test information included on Warehouse is:
 the applicant’s personal information
 Home Office reference number
 test details including:
o test reference
o test centre name and reference
o date of test
o result of test
 how many times an applicant has taken the test
 the serial number of the document used for identification at the test centre, if the test was taken on or after 16 March 2008.
If an applicant cannot supply the letter because it has been lost, you can accept a Warehouse record as proof they have passed the test.
If you have concerns about the test results of an applicant, you must discuss this with your senior caseworker.
If the LIUK has been used for ILR previously, then the Home Office surely still have a record of it. Best to contact the home office and see what details they hold to confirm.
Last edited by WR1 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

WR1

Post by WR1 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:25 pm

For reference, the document is located at:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4.0EXT.pdf
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Cheers WR1, that's most helpful.

Everyone of these forms seems to have at least one ambiguous question or some corner to back you into. Either that or or the sheer fear of losing a grand or so per application puts the Fear of God into you so much you lose all sense of reason and start to over-analyse every tiny nuance like Roskolnikov in Crime and Punishment!
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

Bnod009
Newly Registered

Post by Bnod009 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:03 pm

Hi Wanderer,

I am due to apply for naturalisation shortly and I am afraid I am in a same position as you were where no LIUK test pass letter was returned on my ILR application last year.

How did you go about this? I would be grateful if you could share your experience here.

Thanks
Binod