ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for Child Born in India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samar0001

Visa for Child Born in India

Post by samar0001 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:07 pm

HI Guys,

I have recently had British passport through ILR, Baby born after I got British Passport, My wife is still in India, Planning to apply spouse visa (At the moment No UK Visa)

I understand I can apply for British Passport or Right to Abide for Kid.

But to keep it simple I want get Indian Passport for the kid and apply for Spouse Visa with my wife.

Question:

1) Can I do that

2) When the kid comes here on Spouse visa, Can I apply for British passport.

It would be great if someone can help on this.

maniani
United Kingdom

Re: Visa for Child Born in India

Post by maniani » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:32 pm

1) Yes ,you can apply for indian passport fot your kid if his mother is a indian national

2) Not sure but I think you have to wait five to get ILR for your wife and son if they came on spouse and dependang visa. Then they can apply for british passport.

I think you must apply for british passport for your child. Otherwise you would need to meet 22,400 income finicial requirement.
Last edited by maniani on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:34 pm

You will have a chance for applying British citizen for your child in UK.

But there is some other procedure , you will have to renounce your child indian citizenship.

Why shouldn't you apply for British passport for your child?

maniani
United Kingdom

Post by maniani » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:46 pm

maniani wrote:1) Yes ,you can apply for indian passport fot your kid if his mother is a indian national

2) Not sure but i think you have to wait five to get ILR for your wife and son if they came on spouse and dependang visa. Then they can apply for british passport.

I think you must apply for british passport for your child. Otherwise you would need to meet 22,400 income finicial requirement.

samar0001

Post by samar0001 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:24 pm

Thanks Guys for your quick reply.

Wife British Citizen - I understand she has to wait for 5 years for ILR after she arrived in UK - Even though I married for more than 4 years

Kid - With your comments, I can apply for Indian Passport and then Spouse visa - when the kid arrived in UK - I can apply for British passport - But I have to renounce Indian Citizenship - I hope His birth certificate would be enough for British citizenship

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:41 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.