ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivery of Passport at work address?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ferryahmed82

Delivery of Passport at work address?

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:05 am

Hi members

Just wanted to confirm if my child's passport can be delivered at my work address or not?

reason is, we are changing our home in the week our passport is supposed to delivered, and I don't know my exact moving date, so don't want to take any chances.

So, is it okay if I give my work address, it will be okay for them to deliver over there?

nina-23k
Newly Registered

Re: Delivery of Passport at work address?

Post by nina-23k » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:26 pm

Hi there,
When i applied for my passport, i wrote a letter and asked for my documents and passport to be returned to my work address. Since this was a business address and not a residential, passport office sent me an additional form to fill and i was requested to get a letter on letter head from my employer to conform i work there.
If you can get the letter from your employer when sending the aplication form, they will deliver it to your work address.

ferryahmed82 wrote:Hi members

Just wanted to confirm if my child's passport can be delivered at my work address or not?

reason is, we are changing our home in the week our passport is supposed to delivered, and I don't know my exact moving date, so don't want to take any chances.

So, is it okay if I give my work address, it will be okay for them to deliver over there?

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:57 pm

Hi nina-23K

Thanks for the reply.

I just called the passport helpline 0300 number, and told them this, and the guy said they can send it to my work address. He didn't asked me to provide any letter. All he said that I should be there when the passport is supposed to be delivered.

Did you apply via normal post or through appointment?

nina-23k
Newly Registered

Post by nina-23k » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:03 pm

I used the Check and send service. My application went to Peterborough and the lady that was delaing with my application called me to check where i wanted my documents to be delivered. May be this vary according to which passport office is dealing with your application . As said before, although i did include a letter in my application and filed i think section 4 or 8, Peterborough passport office sent me an additional form to fill in and requested a leter from my employment.

Not sure if i am giving you the correct advice but i would not trust the helpline people too much on this.

It will not harm in any way if you include the letter on letterhead from your work to confirm the address.
Best of luck