ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application in process (postal) want to end Tier2 job

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Skc84

ILR application in process (postal) want to end Tier2 job

Post by Skc84 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:12 am

Hello Senior Members

MY ILR application in process and is based on Tier 2 (5 years same employer). I have completed continues 5 years and applied by post before expiry for T2 visa. All required documents correctly submitted. Now T2 visa has expired while application is in process

I am aware that it takes around 4-6 months for postal applications but what happens if I loose or decide to leave my job while application is in process? Its been a month so far and I have recieved acknowledgement and confirmation from HO, but at current rate I expect it to take another 3 months as its postal application.

Does my leave and application stay valid as I have completed 5 years even if I end the job now?
Does it impact my ILR application if I end this job as its in process?

Please let me know as I am bit frustrated with my current job and looking for a change.

Thanks

Skc84

Re: ILR application in process (postal) want to end Tier2 jo

Post by Skc84 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:19 pm

Anyone please?

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:28 pm

There is nothing you can, Why did you choose postal route, if done at PEO or same day service you would have got a decision in hand and could switch and look for jobs after getting a visa.

Chances of getting a new role is very low when application is under consideration.

Thanks,

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:45 pm

Thanks for getting back to me.

Do you mean if I get another job now while ILR application is in process that will be okay? Doesnt affect my existing application?

Does this need to be another Tier 2 (COS) job or any routine job where I can tell employer my ILR is in process?

Please let me know.

Thanks

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:11 pm

You may/ may not, depending on your new employer may wish to see your visa status before or after making you an offer. How will you prove your eligibility to work?

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:18 pm

Thanks again.

They can check using employer checking service with HO tha tILR application is in process.

Question is though does it need to be another Tier 2 employer COS as I am on Tier 2 (G) ?

Also if its going to take 4 more months and during as ILR application is in process what happens to my application if my current work ends in 3 months or i leave job?

As HO can take from 6 months to a year to process and obvously circumstances can change, do they just check the status at time of submission of ILR application?

The reason I am asking is because what if my case is picked up 5 months down the line and incase I hve left my Tier 2 job say 2 months down the line and just want to be at home and wait for ILR decision.

Please let me know

solospy
Member of Standing

Post by solospy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:25 pm

With due respect, I think it was stupid of you to apply by post if you wanted to change your job

argus7
Wales

Post by argus7 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:26 pm

well this is something no one can answer unless there is something specified in Immigration Bill act 2014

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:48 pm

The problem is Skc84 that you only have the right to work for the Tier 2 sponsor until the time you are actually granted ILR. Most employers shouldn't take the risk of employing someone whose conditions mean they cannot do the work in question.

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:58 am

Thanks for the clarification. But what happens if my employment is ended in 3 months or i leave the job in 3 months while waiting for ILR?

If the CW picks up my case in Nov and i am not with the employer then (finished OCT) and at home not working for anyone, is application valid?

As there is no guarantee when it will be processed after submission for postal.

Let me know

Thanks

theprideofpak

Post by theprideofpak » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:47 am

Skc84 wrote:Thanks for the clarification. But what happens if my employment is ended in 3 months or i leave the job in 3 months while waiting for ILR?

If the CW picks up my case in Nov and i am not with the employer then (finished OCT) and at home not working for anyone, is application valid?

As there is no guarantee when it will be processed after submission for postal.

Let me know

Thanks
If your employer terminate your job, they will tell you in writing why they are doing so, if they say due to your visa, then they should consult home office as your current leave to remain is in place while your application is due with HO. But if your employer lay you off for any other reason, such as don't have work for you, then it will not be a problem for you. but if you want to end your job yourself, then I would suggest you to stick with this job until you get your ILR because your fear is quite right, as usually case workers get the application in a queue and decision time is usually in few days. For example if the case worker pick up your application on 1 nov, he would probably decide the outcome in few days.
Lastly no other employer will give you a job with your current situation...

Skc84

Post by Skc84 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Thank you appreciate your feedback