ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR application at PEO Croydon 26/06/2014

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

panther80
inactive

Successful ILR application at PEO Croydon 26/06/2014

Post by panther80 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:55 pm

Had an ILR appointment booked for myself on 26th June 2014 based on Work Permit Dependant Visas.

Impressed with the new building and the current appointment system. I booked my appointment on the 20th June and was surprised to get a date on the 26th. I remember before I used to try to book for an appointment at midnight and had to do it a few weeks ago. UKBA have done the right thing to charge applicants £ 100.00 as booking fee which is non refundable, and thus refraining applicants to make false multiple bookings and giving everyone a fair chance.

File kept very simple and documents submitted that were required:

SET (O) Form
Passport
BRP Card
2 Photographs
3 recent bank statements
3 pay slips with current P60 April 2014
Wife's naturalisation certificate
Current 3 recent Utility Bills
Life in the UK Test
B1 Test Certificate

I had a drink driving conviction couple of years ago, so had to wait for 5 years before I could apply for ILR. Wife got her ILR approved in 10/2012 and I would have been eligible at the same time if did not have the conviction on the file.

The process took just over 2 hours from submitting the application, biometrics and receiving letter of successful application. Now waiting for the BRP card which I guess should be coming in the next 2 - 3 days.

Just remember, keep your documents and information as simple as you can and only provide the documents which are necessary and relevant to your application.

Thanks for the very informative posts on this board, which I have been referring for my application and has been very helpful.