ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Leaving the country when a new visa is issued.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Leaving the country when a new visa is issued.

Post by marlasinger » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:57 pm

I have a quick question. :)

Now that I have a Spouse Visa, I want to go back to Australia for a month to sort my stuff out. Are there any restrictions on when I can go? I was hoping to do it was soon as possible - do I have to do it before the expiry date of my Working Holiday Visa (which was my previous visa)? I'm sure I recall reading somewhere that it's best to enter and leave a country on the same visa? :? Or is my WHV irrelevant now that I have my spouse visa, and I can go overseas on any date?

Edit: I am just reading through some posts on the forum, and have stumbled across this, especially the last post where it is mentioned that it only applies to those with FLR. :? Do I have to leave the country and come back within 28 days of the start date of my spouse visa?

Many thanks,

marlasinger

Jeff Albright

Re: Leaving the country when a new visa is issued.

Post by Jeff Albright » Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:43 pm

marlasinger wrote: Now that I have a Spouse Visa, I want to go back to Australia for a month to sort my stuff out. Are there any restrictions on when I can go?
No, why should there be any?
I was hoping to do it was soon as possible - do I have to do it before the expiry date of my Working Holiday Visa (which was my previous visa)?
No, why?!
I'm sure I recall reading somewhere that it's best to enter and leave a country on the same visa?
Who told you this?! The only thing is that you have to observe conditions of your current visa throughout its validity. If the conditions of your leave to remain are no longer in place when you are returning to the country after your overseas travel, you may encounter problems.
Or is my WHV irrelevant now that I have my spouse visa, and I can go overseas on any date?
Of course. The later issued leave to remain overrides the previous one so you are not a WHV anymore.
Do I have to leave the country and come back within 28 days of the start date of my spouse visa?
No, why?! Don't really see any point of your concern. You are free to travel as you please and come back within the length of your visa any day or night providing your marriage is genuine and subsisting.

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by marlasinger » Sat Jun 30, 2007 11:50 pm

Ok, thanks for clearing it up, Jeff. I was just concerned after reading the thread that I referred to in my post. :)