ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch Tier 4 student visa to Tier 2

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sameer88
Newly Registered

Switch Tier 4 student visa to Tier 2

Post by sameer88 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:41 am

Hi,
I have completed my Msc from a recognised UK university, only the dissertation is left. Now I am getting an offer from a company who are willing to sponsor me for Tier 2 general visa.
My question is am I eligible for Tier 2 visa while my degree is not yet complete?
Also my undergrad degree is from a university outside UK.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

kuzaaah

Re: Switch Tier 4 student visa to Tier 2

Post by kuzaaah » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:11 pm

hi
What course did you study?
Is the potential employer aware that you are yet to graduate?
Your current visa does not allow you to work for more than 20 hours so you may be restricted here.
Your current study is not yet over upon which you secured your visa so working full time could mean breaching the terms of your visa.

BUT if your new employer can commence the application for your new visa and it is assumed that the university is on holiday, then I think you can start work. But your new employer is got a massive role to play. If they give your a COS number, and you start your application then nothing stops you. August when you submit your thesis is not far away. I have seen people get jobs before the completion of their study.

sameer88
Newly Registered

Post by sameer88 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:20 pm

I will work part-time till I get my work permit.
All In want to know is, applying for tier-2 with your dissertation still to be handed in lawful?
Also what do you mean the university is at holiday?

I have time till January to submit my dissertation.

Thanks

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:40 pm

Since you have 6 mths to submit your project, then I think it is illegal to take a full time job

sameer88
Newly Registered

Post by sameer88 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:45 am

So you mean to say I am not eligible for Tier 2 general visa while the dissertation is yet to be submitted ?