ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Minor Naturalisation after parents got ILR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Minor Naturalisation after parents got ILR

Post by khurram.arif » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Dear Members
We just have got our ILR and would like to process our kids passport (born in UK). As far as I understood we need them to Naturalised before hand.
Can someone please shed some light on it, your help will be really appreciated. If this is a duplicate can you please point me towards right direction.
Many Thanks
KA

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Minor Naturalisation after parents got ILR

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:49 pm

Assuming they were born before either parent was granted ILR they'll have to be registered as British rather than naturalised, on form MN1.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:30 am

Many thanks Amber,
Yes they were born before we got ILR, Can you please confirm if this form needs to go via council or I can send it directly to concern department. Also, there is no fees option on this form i.e. MN1. how will I pay the fees. Also is there any expected timeline for these applications.

Kind regards

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:41 am

khurram.arif wrote:Many thanks Amber,
Yes they were born before we got ILR, Can you please confirm if this form needs to go via council or I can send it directly to concern department. Also, there is no fees option on this form i.e. MN1. how will I pay the fees. Also is there any expected timeline for these applications.

Kind regards
Hi Khurram arif

Just download the MN1(registration as British Citizen - minor) from the website. there is also the payment form for this which needs to be filled in separately, you can download it as well. The fee for one child is £669 for registration as BC.

After filling in the form you need to countersign this as well. You can see the other posts for refereeing info.

You can send it yourself as well or you can use the nationality checking service (NCS) offered by many local councils in UK. they charge £25 and copy all your docs so you keep the originals with you. They also make sure you have filled in the details correctly, and send it on your behalf.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:20 pm

Many thanks for your kind and to the point response. Much appreciated

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:25 pm

Can you please confirm as per below:
What I need to write in 1.2 & 1.3 (MN1 form).
I'm sending 2 applications for 2 kids. Can I send it together, if not how will I be able to send my ILR BRP with bot the applications at a time.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:17 pm

You can leave 1.2 and 1.3 blank.

You can send them together or use NCS to apply and you will get to keep your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:50 pm

Hello All
My elder son is in nursery and joined in last year September, his head teacher is reluctant to sign his form as a referee because she said we only sign if the kid is in school for longer than 2 years. However it is not possible in his case. The current address is not even an year old because we live in another address before so the GP will also say the same I assume. We are not Christian so it is not possible to get it signed by minister of religion.
Please advise
regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:43 pm

Any professional will do.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:56 pm

Hi Amber
I appreciate your help, in form MN1 point 5.1 "referee should be who has engaged with the child in a professional capacity". Will that not be an issue?
Can any doctor sign it or he/she should be our GP
regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:59 pm

For a section 1(3) application any professional will do.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Amber wrote:For a section 1(3) application any professional will do.
Hi Amber, please confirm if I need to send original documents or copies. Do I need to send my original ILR biometric card with child birth certificate? Please reply soon.
regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:49 pm

Either use the NCS or send certified copies (certified by a commissioner for oaths).

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:44 am

Hi Amber
I've applied MN1 for my 2 kids, obviously I can see and understand now a days applications are taking 4.5 months or so. I'll be travelling to Pakistan in December 2014. MN1 applied on 13th August and if the time line followed the same track application is likely to be processed by the end of December 2014. But due to Christmas it may delayed in process.
My Q's is
* will I be able to get the British passports done (for my kids) from Pakistan if I have the MN1 certificate. And what is the timeline?

Kind Regards

Malik44

Post by Malik44 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:01 am

Yes you can apply british passport from overseas
https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports
processing time as per UKBA site is 6 months

I applied for my daughter as well on 5th Aug I am very hopeful get naturalisation certificate in Mid of November UKBA now working applications submitted in July so next month is our turn :) .
Once you get certificate you can get fast track service for passport it took only 1 week.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:52 am

Many thanks Malik44
I also want to know if I can apply for right to abode certificate of entitlement, I've read for the same in this forum, but I'm not clear if I can apply for Right of Abode while I'm on ILR and my kids MN1 application is still in progress?
Also how long will the Right of Abode take ?
Anyone,,,,, please reply soon

Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:33 am

No. Your child may apply for a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode after being granted British citizenship.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Vinny
sorry for confusion. I am talking about kids right of abode after parents got ilr and kids have other country passport with no uk visa. I've read in the forum that i can apply for kids right of abode while their MN1 application is in process. Whats the point having right of abode after british citizen ship
kind regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 am

ROA4 Basis of a person’s claim to right of abode wrote:The only way to acquire the right of abode since 1 Jan 1983 has been by becoming a British citizen.
If dual nationality is permitted, then keeping the foreign passport and applying for the Certificate of Entitlement may be faster than applying for a British passport. There may be other advantages to kids who are automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:34 am

Hi Vinny
many thanks for confirmation. Can you please also confirm is there any problem if i apply BC for kids after the right of abode. Only asking this because the MN1 application is already in process. We are allowed to have dual nationality as well. Due to urgent travel i need some sort of visa for kids, so they can come back to uk. Hopefully in the mean time the MN1 application will be processed and then i can apply British passport afterwards.
Kind Regards

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:58 pm

As stated above, a Certificate of Entitlement to the Right of Abode cannot be issued prior to the child becoming British.

khurram.arif
Newly Registered

Post by khurram.arif » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Hi All Moderators
can someone please answer my above question in simple words.

"Can I apply for right of Abode certificate of entitlement if I have ILR and kids have foreign passports, though I've also applied for MN1 back in August but plans to travel in last week of December and it is not likely to have the Registration Certificate by that time "

Kind Regards

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:17 pm

No.

Certificate of Entitlement of Right of Abode serves as a substitute to a British passport to prove your rights. Only British citizens can apply for it i.e. only once the MN1 application is granted.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)