ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Discretionary LTR

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sallys
Newly Registered

Discretionary LTR

Post by sallys » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:03 pm

Hi,

My husband was granted Discretionary LTR in June 2010 based on article 8 human rights, based on the fact we were married and he has a step daughter (my daughter).
We have just re-applied for a further 3 years Discretionary LTR, however have received a letter back from the HO explaining that it is a complex case and they will do everything possible to deal with it quickly as possible - this has worried us!
With the application form we sent our daughter's birth certificate (born after the LTR was issued) and various documents, including employment details for both of us. We have booked a holiday for the end of December, and have provided proof of the booking to the HO.
My husbands employer has contact the HO to check the status of the applciation (to cover their backs) and have been advised we are ok until December, however he must show them his new visa once it is issued.

I have 4 questions..

1) Has anyone ever been refused the extension of Discretionary LTR (Our circumstances still the same, however now we have 2 daughters and both work full time)? Am i whittling needlessly?

2) How long did it take for the Discretionary LTR to be issued?

3) Do we have to submit biometrics again? As we have not received any letters requesting this.

4) Are we entitled to apply for LTR at the end of these 3 years (6 years in total)

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank you in advance.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Discretionary LTR

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:42 pm

Normal response, expect to wait around 6 months. Yes biometrics invitation will come. ILR after 6 years DLR, yes.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sallys
Newly Registered

Post by sallys » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Thank you :-)
I shall pray it is all done and returned back to us come the end of December.
How long does it usually take to get the biometrics form through after the application was sent?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:26 pm

4-8 weeks.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

sallys
Newly Registered

Post by sallys » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:37 pm

Thanks Amber - you have been a great help :-)

sallys
Newly Registered

Post by sallys » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:34 pm

Still no biometrics form through :-(
This really does seem such a long, drawn out process. The more i read on forums, the more worried i get.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:15 pm

sallys wrote:Still no biometrics form through :-(
This really does seem such a long, drawn out process. The more i read on forums, the more worried i get.
When did u apply?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Wariko
Newly Registered

Post by Wariko » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:46 pm

You shouldn't worry , the renew of the discretionary leave should be a fast process , however what form did you apply with ?

sallys
Newly Registered

Post by sallys » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi,

I sent off my application form last month (not long ago i know) but i just wondered the time scale for the biometrics and how long that process takes also? I applied on the FLR (O) form.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:04 am

sallys wrote:Hi,

I sent off my application form last month (not long ago i know) but i just wondered the time scale for the biometrics and how long that process takes also? I applied on the FLR (O) form.
Last month?

I don't understand why people give limited information and then desperate for an answer.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

sallys
Newly Registered

Post by sallys » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:40 am

What is limited information about my post? What more information do you need to know? As explained, i just wanted to now lead times etc, as i have a holiday booked in December. I answered the questions you asked? If you cannot help, please do not comment. I didnt come here to be spoken to in such a way! I am just asking for advise!

sallys
Newly Registered

Post by sallys » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:42 am

If you need the precise day then it was the 2nd June
Last edited by sallys on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:16 am

Amber wrote:Normal response, expect to wait around 6 months. Yes biometrics invitation will come. ILR after 6 years DLR, yes.