ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation application for my spouse

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

deltaman
Newly Registered

Naturalisation application for my spouse

Post by deltaman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:06 am

Hi,

My wife completed 5 years of residency in Ireland. She is unemployed for the whole five years. She is non-EU. I am also a non-EU and greencard holder waiting for my citizenship approval.

My wife wants to apply for citizenship based on her 5 years residency. As she is not working, she selected "Unemployed" in the application. She did not receive any social welfare amount during these 5 years.

What are the documents she needs to put along with application?

doesnotcompute

Re: Naturalisation application for my spouse

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:09 am

The first 4 pages of the application form are dedicated to what supporting documents she needs.

I would imagine she'd have to provide certified copy of passport, certified copy of birth cert (and certified copy of translation into English, if applicable), certified photocopy of GNIB card, certified copy of marriage cert (and certified copy of translation of same, if applicable), photocopies of every page of every passport that she has had while in the State, bank statements, printout of the Residency Checker from inis.gov.ie website, certified copy of your proof of entitlement to Irish citizenship (birth cert / naturalisation cert / FBR cert / PNC cert / certified copy of your Irish passport), copies of 3 different proofs of address for both you and your wife (for 3 months prior to the date of the application).

Also your wife needs to sign the statutory declaration, and you need to sign the affidavit, in the presence of a solicitor.

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:30 am

deltaman wrote:Hi,

My wife completed 5 years of residency in Ireland. She is unemployed for the whole five years. She is non-EU. I am also a non-EU and greencard holder waiting for my citizenship approval.

My wife wants to apply for citizenship based on her 5 years residency. As she is not working, she selected "Unemployed" in the application. She did not receive any social welfare amount during these 5 years.

What are the documents she needs to put along with application?
Since herself and yourself havent worked for 5 years, how did she supported herself all these while without being on the dole?
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.

bundle

Post by bundle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:31 am

we were in a same situation, and i got mine last march, and still waiting for my wife's decision. she applied in march. as @doesnotcompute says you should provide all the documents except payslips etc, and if you have kid you should provide letter from the welfare office indicating that you have been getting child benefit since bla bla date.
it takes some time to get that document by the way from the welfare office.

@IntegratedMigrant, he says he is a greencard holder, it means he is employed, i dont know where you got that impression :)

deltaman
Newly Registered

Post by deltaman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:33 am

Hi,

I am working here for the past six years and supporting my wife.

deltaman
Newly Registered

Post by deltaman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:52 am

@bundle: Is child benefit coming under Social welfare? Is it mandatory to submit the document for Child benefit? I do not want to delay submitting the application. Thanks.

deltaman
Newly Registered

Post by deltaman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:55 am

doesnotcompute wrote:The first 4 pages of the application form are dedicated to what supporting documents she needs.

I would imagine she'd have to provide certified copy of passport, certified copy of birth cert (and certified copy of translation into English, if applicable), certified photocopy of GNIB card, certified copy of marriage cert (and certified copy of translation of same, if applicable), photocopies of every page of every passport that she has had while in the State, bank statements, printout of the Residency Checker from inis.gov.ie website, certified copy of your proof of entitlement to Irish citizenship (birth cert / naturalisation cert / FBR cert / PNC cert / certified copy of your Irish passport), copies of 3 different proofs of address for both you and your wife (for 3 months prior to the date of the application).

Also your wife needs to sign the statutory declaration, and you need to sign the affidavit, in the presence of a solicitor.
Thanks for the information. I want to clarify that I have a non-EU passport. My wife does not have any driving license. She only has bank account. Can you tell me what are the documents she has to submit?

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:28 pm

OK I misunderstood, sorry. I thought you were an Irish citizen.

In that case, she would need to provide all of the above, except for these:
certified copy of your proof of entitlement to Irish citizenship (birth cert / naturalisation cert / FBR cert / PNC cert / certified copy of your Irish passport), copies of 3 different proofs of address for both you and your wife (for 3 months prior to the date of the application).

doesnotcompute

Post by doesnotcompute » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm

By the way, INIS should be able to see from her bank account that she had sufficient means to support herself from your income.

They may very well ask for more clarification on where the means is coming from (i.e. payslips or tax documents from you), but there is no way of knowing if they will request these documents until she applies

bundle

Post by bundle » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:36 pm

@bundle: Is child benefit coming under Social welfare? Is it mandatory to submit the document for Child benefit? I do not want to delay submitting the application. Thanks.
sorry, i submitted that for the kids, not for my wife. apologies for the confusion...

Post by 110 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:49 pm

She can apply based on her 5 year residency alone, since she has not been working, she should submit the following documents to show she is dependent on you and you support her financially.

Her's & Your bank statements for the past 6 months
Your Pay slips for the last 6 months
Your P60's (last 3 years)
Letter from your employer mentioning your salary, position and how long have you been in this position since.
You should also write a letter mentioning your wife is dependent on you and you support her financially.

the above should suffice in addition to the normal documents which are needed to prove her identity, residency, and proof of address.

Post by 110 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:50 pm

Also in case your wife bank account is empty or inactive it doesn't matter, as long as you submit your details mentioned in the above post it should suffice.

deltaman
Newly Registered

Post by deltaman » Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:09 pm

Thanks a million @110 and all for your sincere replies.