ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Citizen No Stamp on Entry during Layover

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashleyby
Newly Registered

US Citizen No Stamp on Entry during Layover

Post by ashleyby » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:46 am

Hi All,

I flew into London from the USA via Dublin on Aer Lingus. When the plane landed, I was instructed to go to flight connections, and my passport was not stamped upon entry. When I made my flight, I headed to London Heathrow, where I also did not receive a stamp, because it was considered a domestic flight.

What should I do if I never received a stamp upon entry? My passport was checked before I went through security in Dublin, but I never went through immigration, as Aer Lingus instructed us to go to flight connections.

squa

Re: US Citizen No Stamp on Entry during Layover

Post by squa » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:55 am

It depends on how long you intend on staying in the UK and if you want to visit the UK in the future. If your stay is only a few days, I wouldn't bother too much about it as you won't go through immigration on your way back. If you are staying for a long time, then I suggest you either visit UK Immigration (Home Office) in Croydon or at Heathrow airport and request a stamp and explain situation.