ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Colombian Embassy

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

giutom
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Colombian Embassy

Post by giutom » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:06 am

Hello,

Thanks in advance to anyone that could help me.

I am an Italian citizen living and working in the UK, 2 months ago I got married to my Costa Rican partner who doesn't live in the UK and now we are applying for a EEA family permit.

He completed the online application and he got his biometrics taken at the Visa Centre in Panama. He then sent all the documentation required to the UK Embassy in Bogota, Colombia. He sent everything with DHL and they confirmed the documents have arrived on the 25th of June, however the Embassy won't confirm this. He called to ask if they received them and he was told they are not an information centre.
These are some important papers including his passport so at least we would like to know if they are safe at the embassy.

If anyone has had any similar experience please help! We are getting really stressed and anxious about this visa..

Thanks a lot!

Giulia

dalebutt

Re: EEA Family Permit Colombian Embassy

Post by dalebutt » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:47 am

It was unnecessary of them to have responded in that manner, if DHL said it has been delivered, and you are sure you have not made any mistake on the address, you should be rest assured the application is being dealt with by them.

giutom
Newly Registered

Post by giutom » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:04 am

Thanks a lot for your reply! we will wait few other days and see if we hear anything..

Ivanickova
Newly Registered

Post by Ivanickova » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Hi guys,
I have one question.
I ( european national) and my spouse ( non - european national) Costa Rican citizen would like to apply for the EEA Family permit.
Our closest Visa application Centre is in Panama City where we need to travel for fingerprints etc.
I am super confused from delivering our documents.
Do we need to send our original passports from Panama City to Bogota ?
We have a big issue with that because we cannot stay in Panama for 15 days or more untill our passports will be returned.
Can ANYONE advise us how it works?
Thanks a lot !
Regards,
Michaela and Allan

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:00 am

Ivanickova wrote:Hi guys,
I have one question.
I ( european national) and my spouse ( non - european national) Costa Rican citizen would like to apply for the EEA Family permit.
Our closest Visa application Centre is in Panama City where we need to travel for fingerprints etc.
I am super confused from delivering our documents.
Do we need to send our original passports from Panama City to Bogota ?
We have a big issue with that because we cannot stay in Panama for 15 days or more untill our passports will be returned.
Can ANYONE advise us how it works?
Thanks a lot !
Regards,
Michaela and Allan
Costa Rican don't need a visa to visit the UK. I would just skip the EEA Family Permit and move directly to the UK. See the FAQ for more details.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

el patron
Member of Standing

Post by el patron » Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:11 am

Jambo wrote:Costa Rican don't need a visa to visit the UK. I would just skip the EEA Family Permit and move directly to the UK. See the FAQ for more details.
I would concur with Jambo. The embassy at Bogota (in my experience) will always find ways to frustrate.