ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

no entry clearance post

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

linzm
Newly Registered

no entry clearance post

Post by linzm » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi
Does anyone know if there are many countries that do not have an entry clearance post?
We are currently waiting to hear about my partners in-country fiancee visa application. He is a failed asylum seeker.
I know that the general advice is to return home and apply, but we have tried unsuccessfully to get him a passport/travel doc, so he is currently unable to get home.
By coincidence his country doesn't have an entry clearance post, could this make any difference to our application? It seems a little unfair, not to mention expensive! to have to travel to a third country to hand in application, return again for interview etc?
Thanks

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:55 pm

For goodness sake, what country is this?

linzm
Newly Registered

Post by linzm » Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:07 pm

guinea

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:45 pm

Hello,

it can make a difference, yes. In the case of Afghanistan (which has no entry clearance facilities) the AIT said in January that it was unfair to expect people to travel back there to make an application for EC. But the mere absense of an EC facility isn't enough, you need to look at how hard it is to travel elsewhere to apply, where the designated EC post is, etc.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Mon Jul 02, 2007 7:00 pm

avjones wrote:Hello,

it can make a difference, yes. In the case of Afghanistan (which has no entry clearance facilities) the AIT said in January that it was unfair to expect people to travel back there to make an application for EC. But the mere absense of an EC facility isn't enough, you need to look at how hard it is to travel elsewhere to apply, where the designated EC post is, etc.
And, isn't it the case that sometimes a third country is designated your EC area? I mean...I have seen where applicants from country x are told to submit their applications to country y for visas/EC. I am not sure re: Guinea, but I have seen this for small countries with no embassies located there.

linzm
Newly Registered

Post by linzm » Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:49 pm

Thanks Amanda and Sakura for the helpful comments. I will look further into it, and submit any further evidence to the home office.
Thanks again.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:15 am

It is the case, yes. In the case of Afghanistan, the designated post was in Pakistan, but the AIT thought it was unduly harsh to expect people to go there to apply for EC.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.