ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

so much confused

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MIL3STON3
Newly Registered

so much confused

Post by MIL3STON3 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:39 pm

Hi

i am quite worried about my situation , because i am on Tier 1 general ext and it will expire in feb 2016, but before that i will complete my 10 years in next year august 2015. i am planning to apply on 10 years long residence, but the problem is my wife joined me as a tier 1 partner in november 2011 and she have a same expiry like mine which is feb 2016.

My question is when i will apply for my ILR on long residency , what would my wife do ?? does she needs to wait until i get my ILR or what ????

so confused

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: so much confused

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:13 am

She needs to apply to switch to FLR(M) and you can ask for her application to be considered once your ILR 10 year application has been decided. Her clock will reset and she will have to wait 5 years for ILR as spouse of settled (ILR) person and it will be 2 X 2.5 year visas.

Financial requirement will have to be met and she will need A1 English to switch to FLR(M).
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: so much confused

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:26 am

It may be better to continue as a PBS applicant and apply for settlement as such, together.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.