ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

plan of sorts, please comment on dates

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

leanderpace1
Newly Registered

plan of sorts, please comment on dates

Post by leanderpace1 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:36 pm

Hello.

I was hoping someone could help with the timing of my decision to apply for naturalisation.

I applied for an ILR on 29th July 2013(I have no written proof for this except appointment confirmation) and got it stamped on 5th August 2013. Question: WHEN DO 12 MONTHS COMPLETE? Is it on 4th august 2014? Would it be safe to book an appointment on 4th?

5 years back, i went to India from 9th august 2009 to 4th September 2009. QUESTION 2: if i apply at an NCS service on 4th august 2014, will home office get my application by 8th august 2014 so if I count back 5 years+1, I would have applied by 9th august

Is there a risk that rules change if i wait till after 4th September 2014 to apply? I just want to get this done as soon as I can to be honest as rules change so often.

Thanks for your views in advance and I look forward to your opinions. Please help.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: plan of sorts, please comment on dates

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:40 am

leanderpace1 wrote:Hello.

I was hoping someone could help with the timing of my decision to apply for naturalisation.

I applied for an ILR on 29th July 2013(I have no written proof for this except appointment confirmation) and got it stamped on 5th August 2013. Question: WHEN DO 12 MONTHS COMPLETE? Is it on 4th august 2014? Would it be safe to book an appointment on 4th?
It will be on 4th august - it is counted from the date your visa was approved not when you applied. You can book an appointment on 4th but honestly mate I wouldn't ..... you are cutting it too close.

5 years back, i went to India from 9th august 2009 to 4th September 2009. QUESTION 2: if i apply at an NCS service on 4th august 2014, will home office get my application by 8th august 2014 so if I count back 5 years+1, I would have applied by 9th august
In theory yes it will be OK but if the post gets delayed by a day or two then you are in trouble and it will be a straight refusal - like I said you are cutting it too close. Its your decision but I would wait another month and play it safe at this very last stage of your immigration journey.

Is there a risk that rules change if i wait till after 4th September 2014 to apply? I just want to get this done as soon as I can to be honest as rules change so often.
I know exactly how you feel. There is always the possibility that rules will change although i think it is a very small risk. IMHO wait till september when you have waited for so long.

Thanks for your views in advance and I look forward to your opinions. Please help.

leanderpace1
Newly Registered

Post by leanderpace1 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:36 pm

Thank you Shahid for the prompt response. Makes sense and I wonder if anyone else would think differently to this?

I could not see anything in the home office website suggesting changes were being planned in next couple of months; unless members of this forum would like to correct me on that.

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:27 pm

To be fair people apply with these tight deadlines all the time and all goes well ......... but every now and then you do see somebody get rejected and lost their fees beause one small thing did not happen in time. In your case its only a matter of 4 weeks so I would say play safe.

As far as I know there are no scheduled changes in the next couple of month. My better half has to apply shortly so I am keeping on the look out but I haven't read about any changes ....... apart from the one bill that they will stop giving ILR altogether in 2016 or something.

Other members, please share if you know of any upcoming changes.