ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refused, should I appeal or re-apply with Parent Company?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kevstar
Newly Registered

Refused, should I appeal or re-apply with Parent Company?

Post by kevstar » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:02 pm

Hello everyone

Here is my case:
Tier 2 Visa issued: 27/05/2011
Tier 2 Visa expired: 08/06/2014
Date on refusal Letter: 02/07/2014
Date letter received: 07/07/2014
Reason for extension refusal: Invalid CoS - reused CoS from previous Tier 2 application

I received my refusal letter yesterday with the options to either appeal or submit a new application.

I have asked my parent company to issue me a new CoS by adding our company (ex-sponsor) as a branch on their SMS and a letter from my employer explaining how the sponsor licence got expired - this was not intentional, administrative error, I was overlooked for me being the only migrant on sponsorship, Level 1 user unfamiliarity with SMS etc... I hope you get the picture. The licence expired in Nov 2012 and my leave wasn't curtailed but tier visa valid till 8th June 2014. Our parent company is currently an A-rated sponsor and I have requested for a new CoS from them.

I have 10 days (now 9 days) to appeal and 28 days (now 27 days) to submit a fresh Tier 2 extension application. The question is which to go for?

Please advise.

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Refused, should I appeal or re-apply with Parent Company

Post by iworker » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:10 am

i think your only option is submitting new application.
Since it was your own fault in this application, making an appeal u will get rejection again, since you cannot submit new docs (new cos or anything else).
However, if your parent company is not ready to generate a cos for u, u might want to appeal and buy some time.

while the new application is being submitted and being processed, you are not allowed to work anymore.