ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ACTION AGAINST EMPLOYER

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kapdis
Newly Registered

ACTION AGAINST EMPLOYER

Post by kapdis » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Hi all,

I recently applied for tier1 (entrepreneur visa) from PSW visa on 19th of June and didn't receive any acknowledgement letter from Home Office but received Biometrics letter on 8 July.
Now on 23 of June my employer suddenly ask me the proof of visa submission on which point I showed him the Royalmail's reciept which they didn't accept and told me not to work until I get my acknowledgment letter.
I called ukvi and they told me its your employer's discretion to give you work based on royalmail reciept but you employer is legally bound to give you work once you have received a case number.

Now what I want to know If I can ask my employer or take legal action against them to pay for my contracted hours from 23 june till 8 july as it was their fault as they never told me to apply early otherwise I ll lose work or anything.
I have been with this company for more than 5 years and have made 2 visa extensions while working with them but never had this issue. I think it's cos of our new HR manager.

Thanks in advance for your help

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ACTION AGAINST EMPLOYER

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:24 pm

Why should they told you to apply earlier as entrepreneur?

kapdis
Newly Registered

Post by kapdis » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Applying under entrepreneur visa is not the problem. They were assuming that I have overstayed and didn't have any legal rights to work. So I think they should have mentioned their concerns earlier and I would've organised everything sooner

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:59 pm

@ kapdis, your employer is not obliged to ask you to apply for visa at anytime. Its your responsibility to ensure your visa application is submitted on time. HO even advice applicant to apply within reasonable time in order to avoid the situation you are now in.

My advice is for you to convince your employer to do a simple Employer checking services using these link;

https://www.gov.uk/check-an-employees-r ... -documents

The check will show if you still have the right to work in UK.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.