ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working Holidaymaker CoA application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Crumpled_wings
Newly Registered

Working Holidaymaker CoA application

Post by Crumpled_wings » Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:53 am

If a holder of a Working Holidaymaker visa made an application for a CoA and subsequent application to switch into a Spouse visa is there much chance of success?
Does the Home Office have a very strict policy that a Working Holidaymaker visa should not have been applied for if there was any chance of marriage, or as long as there are number months left on the Working Holidaymaker visa to cover the processing time of the CoA application is there a good chance of being approved?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:47 am

There is no reason to think that the application for the CoA will fail. They certainly don't have a policy against applications from WHM visa holders.

When do the two of you plan to get married? And when does your WHM visa expire?
John

marlasinger
Newly Registered
Mood:
Australia

Post by marlasinger » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:28 am

I came to the UK on a WHV, applied successfully for a CoA, and then a spouse visa. I didn't have any problems with it. :) When I applied for my spouse visa, they didn't ask me any questions about my WHV, and my reasons for applying for one.