ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NON EU-SPOUSE SCHENGEN VISA REGECTED PLEASE HELP...

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

youssef needs helf
Newly Registered

NON EU-SPOUSE SCHENGEN VISA REGECTED PLEASE HELP...

Post by youssef needs helf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:54 pm

HI ALL

So 8 days ago me and my wife go to VFS global in Agadir Morocco to submit our application form, we looked on the VFS global website and it states that family members of EU citizen only have to bring both passport copies and marriage certificate if your applying visa spouse route...so when we went to submit the application we took:

Both my Moroccan and my wife's Netherlands original and color passport copies

My Moroccan citizenship card and photocopy

The original and photocopy of our marriage certificate

when I handed the lady application she asked me if the marriage certificate was registered in the Netherlands I said no it is how ever legalized by the Netherlands embassy here in Casablanca Morocco, then she said because its not registered in the Netherlands i would have to pay the fall fee of 88 euros...then she asked me to sign a form then I had my prints and pics taken and she said ok thank you we will contact you!

a week later/today i get a phone call from VFS saying my passport is ready for pick up

BOTH ME AND MY WIFE GO TO VFS, THE LADY AT THE DESK ASKS ME TO SIGN SOME PAPER THEN HANDS ME AN ENVELOPE AND WHEN WE GET OUTSIDE WE OPEN IT THERE IS NO VISA JUST MY PASSPORT AND AN A4 PAPER....THE INFORMATION ON IT WAS IN SPANISH SO I HAD TO TRANSLATE THROUGH GOOGLE...

THERE WAS 3 REASONS WHY THEY REJECTED ME THIS IS THEM

** Has no evidence of having means of sufficient subsistence for the duration of the intended or for the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country in which it guarantees that will be admitted stay or not in a position to acquire such means lawfully

** The information presented to the justification of the purpose and conditions of the intended stay no it reliable

** Could not establish his intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa

THEY REFUSED MY SPOUSE SCHENGEN VISA BASED ON THESE BASIS AND ON TOP THEY MADE ME PAY FOR THE VISA

PLEASEEEEE HELP

the hurricane

Re: NON EU-SPOUSE SCHENGEN VISA REGECTED PLEASE HELP...

Post by the hurricane » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:55 pm

youssef needs helf wrote:HI ALL

So 8 days ago me and my wife go to VFS global in Agadir Morocco to submit our application form, we looked on the VFS global website and it states that family members of EU citizen only have to bring both passport copies and marriage certificate if your applying visa spouse route...so when we went to submit the application we took:

Both my Moroccan and my wife's Netherlands original and color passport copies

My Moroccan citizenship card and photocopy

The original and photocopy of our marriage certificate

when I handed the lady application she asked me if the marriage certificate was registered in the Netherlands I said no it is how ever legalized by the Netherlands embassy here in Casablanca Morocco, then she said because its not registered in the Netherlands i would have to pay the fall fee of 88 euros...then she asked me to sign a form then I had my prints and pics taken and she said ok thank you we will contact you!

a week later/today i get a phone call from VFS saying my passport is ready for pick up

BOTH ME AND MY WIFE GO TO VFS, THE LADY AT THE DESK ASKS ME TO SIGN SOME PAPER THEN HANDS ME AN ENVELOPE AND WHEN WE GET OUTSIDE WE OPEN IT THERE IS NO VISA JUST MY PASSPORT AND AN A4 PAPER....THE INFORMATION ON IT WAS IN SPANISH SO I HAD TO TRANSLATE THROUGH GOOGLE...

THERE WAS 3 REASONS WHY THEY REJECTED ME THIS IS THEM

** Has no evidence of having means of sufficient subsistence for the duration of the intended or for the country of origin or residence, or for the transit to a third country in which it guarantees that will be admitted stay or not in a position to acquire such means lawfully

** The information presented to the justification of the purpose and conditions of the intended stay no it reliable

** Could not establish his intention to leave the territory of the Member States before the expiry of the visa

THEY REFUSED MY SPOUSE SCHENGEN VISA BASED ON THESE BASIS AND ON TOP THEY MADE ME PAY FOR THE VISA

PLEASEEEEE HELP
Hi fellow forum member,
I remember reading your post few days ago, and I was about to tell you that you made a mistake by paying but for some reasons I ended up forgetting. I am really sorry to hear this sad news. To make long story short, mostly the VFS requests applicants to pay for the visa (not sure if it is ignorant or trap), as a family member if you pay it automatically changes the form of the application from family member of EU national to a normal tourist visa. You could complain at Solvit but the chance to overturn the decision is very slim. My advice is to re-apply again but this time do it at German embassy that is one of the member states that applies Directive correctly. However, you shouldn’t make the same mistake twice by only hand in the following documents:
- Marriage certificate
- A copy of your wife’s passport
- Since you already have a refusal from Spain, I will highly recommend that you provide a proof that you are actually going to Germany. This could be a hotel reservation for example
- Just make sure that you main destination is Germany ( once visa is issued, you can go to another Schengen state)
- APPLY AS A FAMILY MEMBER OF EU NATIONAL, HENCE DO NOT PAY ANYTHING
If you follow the aforesaid steps you have more chance obtaining a Schengen visa, and in case of refusal you can complain. By complaining in this way there is a higher chance to overturn the decision. Just bear in mind that the prior refusal has no impact on the new application.
Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

youssef needs helf
Newly Registered

Post by youssef needs helf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:18 pm

hello hurricane thank you for your fast reply

when i handed in my application at VFS she told me that if my marriage was registered in the Netherlands then i wouldn't have to pay visa fees only VFS handling fees! i'm going direct to the Spanish embassy tomorrow to complain about how this hole thing ha gone down! me and my wife are heart broken as we was really looking forward to spending my birthday in Europe birthday is on 31st of this month!!

I will see what the Spanish embassy say tomorrow if it looks like there's no hope then i will go German or Belgium embassy, the only thing is these other embassies are far from my city, but that's life its really sad to be honest

i was watching a program just a couple days ago about how many Moroccan illegal immigrants are in Spain and how the country is trying to deal with it, but then when a person like me that is going about getting just a holiday visa the right and legal way they refuse me and take my money i feel gutted

the hurricane

Post by the hurricane » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:51 pm

youssef needs helf wrote:hello hurricane thank you for your fast reply

when i handed in my application at VFS she told me that if my marriage was registered in the Netherlands then i wouldn't have to pay visa fees only VFS handling fees! i'm going direct to the Spanish embassy tomorrow to complain about how this hole thing ha gone down! me and my wife are heart broken as we was really looking forward to spending my birthday in Europe birthday is on 31st of this month!!

I will see what the Spanish embassy say tomorrow if it looks like there's no hope then i will go German or Belgium embassy, the only thing is these other embassies are far from my city, but that's life its really sad to be honest

i was watching a program just a couple days ago about how many Moroccan illegal immigrants are in Spain and how the country is trying to deal with it, but then when a person like me that is going about getting just a holiday visa the right and legal way they refuse me and take my money i feel gutted
No worries. I know how this feels but keep your head up because being sad or emotional ain't solve the problem. Well, I am kinda confused as far as your marriage certificate is concerned, could you please elaborate the following thing:
- Is your marriage certificate legalized by the Dutch embassy is Morocco?
Just for your information when the lady told about the marriage certificate, you shouldn't have lodged your application because it will be lodged a general tourist, whereby the Directive can’t be applied.
I don’t think complaining at the Spanish embassy will make a difference, the only thing they will tell you is to lodge a written complaint and send it to court in Spain. Instead, you should try to book an online appointment at the German embassy if you really want to get your visa before July 31. I understand that both of you are heartbroken but try to put the emotions aside and look for a better solution. I wouldn't recommend you to apply at Belgian embassy because there is a high chance that they reject it again due to lack of legalized marriage certificate.
Good luck!!

youssef needs helf
Newly Registered

Post by youssef needs helf » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:05 pm

Yes our marriage certificate is legalized by the Netherlands embassy here in Morocco! but she said there is a difference between legalizing and registering it! i will give the German embassy a call in the morning mate