ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query/Concern on MN1 Application submitted

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pkris.k

Query/Concern on MN1 Application submitted

Post by pkris.k » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:37 pm

I submitted my MN1 application (Child born in UK and parents got ILR after) recently via NCS along with my naturalisation.

There was a small goof up during my documents verification :( . In the reference and identify section one of the referees wrote as 'Son of Work Colleague' instead of 'Daughter of Work colleague'. The NCS coordinator called someone to check what needs to be done and i was asked to write in the additional comments section that it has been mentioned incorrectly. Hope it wont be a problem..a bit tense now :oops:

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Re: Query/Concern on MN1 Application submitted

Post by shahid2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:01 am

I think it should be ok. They normally don't make a lot of fuss about young children. Worst case scenario they will ask you to provide another reference but I don't think they will reject the application or anything so relax and try not to worry :)

It's interesting you did not notice it before hand .... always double check.

pkris.k

Post by pkris.k » Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:40 am

Thank you for the response. Yes its a bit embarrassing that in spite of me reviewing it countless times and even my wife reviewing it, we missed it :(

shabiumer
Newly Registered

Post by shabiumer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:42 am

Hey Guys

I am confuse regarding my son MN1 application. I got ILR in May 2014. I have a son who was born in June 2009 in England, UK. Later he left UK to Pakistan with his mother due to the finish his dependent visa in February 2011. Than he came back in England in February 2013 and now living with me. Now I want to apply for his Naturalisation Under Section 1 (3). For section 1 (3), the requirement I understood is that my child born in UK and I had limited leave to remain and now I have settlement status, so he is eligible for citizenship.

Does his absence from UK make effect his Application for citizenship?
Do I need to fill FLR (M) for my Mrs?

Please Guide, I'll be highly thankful to you

Many Thanks

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:23 am

I don't know about your wife's FLR(M).

As far as your son is concerned he is eligible and should be ok. Dependents absence should not make any difference.

shabiumer
Newly Registered

Post by shabiumer » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:21 pm

shahid2000 wrote:I don't know about your wife's FLR(M).

As far as your son is concerned he is eligible and should be ok. Dependents absence should not make any difference.
I was thinking on same way,,,, thanks alot shahid