ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entitlement on ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR_JULY
Newly Registered

Entitlement on ILR

Post by ILR_JULY » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:02 am

Hi friends..
I recieved my ILR a while back and was wondering what benefits I am entitled to.?

I am on ILR and I have two kids born in uk still to be naturalised and my wife is still subject to immigration control.

I would appreciate any help guys.
Thankyou.

theprideofpak

Re: Entitlement on ILR

Post by theprideofpak » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:18 am

ILR_JULY wrote:Hi friends..
I recieved my ILR a while back and was wondering what benefits I am entitled to.?

I am on ILR and I have two kids born in uk still to be naturalised and my wife is still subject to immigration control.

I would appreciate any help guys.
Thankyou.
You can get child benefit, child tax credits and if you are working less hours such as part time or you are on low income you may qualify for working tax credits. But remember, you have to disclose household income not just yours if your wife is working as well. You need to call tax credits helpline, they will send you tax credits form, fill in all details and you will get a decision within in a month time.
You need to apply for child benefit separately. You don't have to send your passport to bro, just send a photocopy and children's birth certificates.
I don't think it's a good idea to apply for housing benefits as you may get it, but it may create problem for your wife's ILR. Thx

ILR_JULY
Newly Registered

Re: Entitlement on ILR

Post by ILR_JULY » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:02 pm

Housing Benefit will be applied under my name as My wife is not on settlement so how will that affect her ILR .?

Thankyou