ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite Leave to Remain application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

goto_venkat
India

Indefinite Leave to Remain application

Post by goto_venkat » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:03 pm

Hi,

I came to UK as a dependent of settled person in UK on August 2012. I have applied this visa on April 2012 (so old rules are applicable for me). I have completed Life in UK test.

My husband taken British citizenship in 2013 (i have not changed my visa after his citizenship and i don't think there is any need to so). please correct me if i am wrong.

Now as i am about to complete 2 years in UK, i was thinking to apply for ILR and after reading forms online i was confused with so many rule changes and seeking your help to clear my confusions.

1) In my case i am still eligible for ILR application based on 2 year rules right.
2) Which form should i need to use for application (SET O / SET M)
3) Is there any restriction on number of days i can be absent from UK in last 2 years?
4) English language test - my degree was taught in english and the university was part of approved list of UKBA at the time of my original dependent application. will it be sufficient for my ILR application too? or do i need to take any test or certificate from UK NARIC?
5) will the following documents be sufficient or anything need to be attached?
a) Filled application
b) Rental agreement with both of our names for the last 2 years
c) bank statements of my husband and mine for the last 6 months
d) Council tax letter (as regular payments were made by direct debit)

Also we are planning to move to different address later this month and planning to apply for ILR in first week of August. I hope my house move will not cause any issues. I will furnish new rental agreement with application along with old.

I wanted to use premium service for this application so wanted to make sure i am prepared with all possible documents they may ask.

I know i am asking for too much information but i am really thankful to any information shared on this.

If anyone had any experiences with premium service please share.

Regards,
Venkat

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain application

Post by Amber » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:17 pm

SET(M). If 20 or more points for qualification and 10 points for English Skills are awarded on the PBS calculator, that should suffice B1 English in addition to LIUK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.