ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Business account compulsory for fresh application ?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

danikhn83

Is Business account compulsory for fresh application ?

Post by danikhn83 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:31 am

Hi Every 1,

changes in rules switching from post study work to tier 1 (entrepreneur) are bit confusing and even solicitor are not giving clear answer.

I am going to apply for tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa next week and I have completed all the required documents except business bank account, I been to all the bank (different branches) and they were asking atleast 3-6 months valid visa before you apply for business bank account.
can any one 1 please tell me is it compulsory to have company business account before applying for tier1(entrepreneur) visa according to new rules?

Regards,
Adnan

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Re: Is Business account compulsory for fresh application ?

Post by cpmlkhan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:17 pm

Hello Dani,

Its bit hard to answer you this question at this time because in policy guidance it says one or more (Contract & Business account) BUT on application form It says Confirm all these documents have been supplied with your application including business account. So its confusing.

danikhn83

Post by danikhn83 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 pm

yes its bit confusing ,
even in application form on page 32 it is written "it is not a requirement to provide this but it may help when considering your application "
but on page 34 G23(a) it is written "you must tick to confirm that all of the following documents" (including current appointment report, company tax letter and company business account ) ???

if any one spoke to their solicitor about this issue they can share with us to help others and also any solution their solicitor suggest?

Regards,

aby00156
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by aby00156 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:32 pm

Yes as far as new rules the business account is compulsory. As it clearly says that your business must be trading before 11th July 2014. I would suggest Natwest or Barcalays as they dont ask your visa for opening your business account. I managed to open in both banks just 1 week before my PSW expired.
So verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

danikhn83

Post by danikhn83 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:22 pm

Hi aby00156,
thanks for reply..
can you suggest any barclays or natwest branch? I have personal account with natwest and I called them twice but they said you should have valid visa atleast 3 months then you can apply for business bank acc.

company is registered and when you have trading contract then it means company is trading , they did not ask any transaction etc then what is the reason for bank account? there is no sense for that clause..

can any 1 suggest any branch in lodnon where they open bank acc without 3 months valid visa restriction?

bubbly123

Post by bubbly123 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:49 pm

@danikhan83: go to tooting HSBC bank you could open your account in three days! That's what I did!

danikhn83

Post by danikhn83 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm

thanks @bubbly123..

danikhn83

Post by danikhn83 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:23 pm

Hi every 1,
last 2 days I went almost every HSBC, LLOyds and NAtwest branch in central london and tooting area but either they dont have early appointment or they issue visa validity (my visa is going to expire by the end of july ), does any one know any branch (HSBC, LLOYDS or Natwest ) where they open acc straightaway..
need your help..

Momi
United Kingdom

Post by Momi » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:30 pm

You should have started working almost 3 months ago. Any go to cash plus and your account will be open in no time. But it can take up to 7 working days for all documents to arrive.
Thanks

danikhn83

Post by danikhn83 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:39 pm

is cash plus acceptable by HO?

force49
Newly Registered

Post by force49 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:35 pm

@danikhan83

how to prove the business activities without business account before june 25 ?

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:11 pm

force49 wrote:@danikhan83

how to prove the business activities without business account before june 25 ?
Hello Force49,

For this you need a contract dated should start before 24 June, then you will be able to get payments monthly.
Hope you got this.

Regards

cpmlkhan
Member of Standing

Post by cpmlkhan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:19 pm

danikhn83 wrote:Hi every 1,
last 2 days I went almost every HSBC, LLOyds and NAtwest branch in central london and tooting area but either they dont have early appointment or they issue visa validity (my visa is going to expire by the end of july ), does any one know any branch (HSBC, LLOYDS or Natwest ) where they open acc straightaway..
need your help..
Hello Dani,

I am sorry to say that you are in wrong city. crime & fraud ratio is too high. Its better to go outside of London. One of my client just got his from Basildon barclays branch. Try there if it can help you.

BEST OF LUCK