ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply inside the UK or outside the UK?

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mensur

Apply inside the UK or outside the UK?

Post by Mensur » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:54 am

I just have a simple question, does applying within the UK or outside the UK have any impact on the application processing time? Is one recommended over the other? For this reason or any other?

kuzaaah

Re: Apply inside the UK or outside the UK?

Post by kuzaaah » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:53 am

Judging with the experiences of those who applied outside the UK and words used in the ministerial statement released recently, applying from outside the UK increases your chance of getting the tier 1 visa ONLY IF YOU GET THE Requirements RIGHT. Factors that favor the applicant include the inflow of £200,000 from outside the UK, the scope of business is not limited, strong possibility of running a genuine business. In fact, there is a lot to prove when you are applying from outside the UK which ensures that the applicant gets the documents right. Applying from outside the UK creates a minor sense of credibility particularly if your business plan and entrepreneurial intention sounds credible.
Besides, the local high Commission could easily confirm the authenticity of the bank documents provided. If you ace your interview, then it could be a less longer time to get your visa.
For tier 1 visa, the most important factors are just 2: Having access to funding and passing the entrepreneurial test. If there is any suspicion in these areas, then one could get a refusal. These 2 tests apply whether you apply in the UK or from overseas.
But I think considering the rhetoric and sentiments from the Home Office, I suggest you apply from overseas as you will not be required to prove you are have been involved in any entrepreneurial activity for some time.

Mensur

Post by Mensur » Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:28 pm

Thanks Kuzaah,

Further questions I would ask after your response is, 1)do nationals of certain countries have a better chance of receiving the entrepreneur visa than nationals of others? 2)Is there a cap(monthly/yearly??) on the number of nationals from certain countries that are allowed on this visa into the UK? Lastly, 3)does the processing time take quicker for nationals applying from certain countries compared to nationals from other countries? I mean there are likely to be 10 times more applicants from countries such as India or Nigeria than there would be from a country like Azerbaijan or Brunei for example.

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:42 am

If I told you that your questions have specific answers, then I will be lying. Many Nigerians and Indians have gotten their visas without hassles while a significant number have had their applications rejected as well. Each application is treated differently and individually on its merit. I don't think that there are limit for applications from overseas and or from specific countries. As I said in my previous post, just make sure your documents and intentions are right and complete. Decision on applications are subjective. Caseworkers act based on what they assume, or think or feel. It becomes more easy for them to reject an application if it is got no complete documentation. Don't mind the country you come from. Just get your application and documents right. The big test is the entrepreneurial test. With the high level of fraud in the system, applications will be subjected to a rigorous test possibly via interviews in your home country to assess if you understand what you intend doing as a business. Good luck!

NAR

Post by NAR » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:00 pm

Mensur wrote:I just have a simple question, does applying within the UK or outside the UK have any impact on the application processing time? Is one recommended over the other? For this reason or any other?
I think i saw somewhere (can't recall the address) in UK Gov site a statistic report regarding number of applications submitted and approval rate for outside UK on all types including PBS. Anyway, i believe the reason for the feeling everyone got that approval rate outside is higher is probably the number of applications submitted and work load.

Based on the Officer who interviewed me last month in Dubai he said he is the one who is going to make the decision right after another two interviews (not for PBS), so his load was only 1 Tier 1 for that day + 2 two normal visit visas interview. Of course, this is in addition to the no-interview required cases they process.

For sure, applying outside gives you a much faster reply either way so you can make your life plans faster. I think its really sad there are people been waiting for a reply or progress for months and months and even a year, not knowing where their future is going to be.

kuzaaah

Post by kuzaaah » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 am

NAR, it is this waiting game that puts me off. There are other things to do with my days and years than waiting for tier 1 from a country that is gradually promoting beloved and xenophobia. For everyone, I suggest that there shd be a plan B.