ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivery of First Adult British Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bagadbilla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Delivery of First Adult British Passport

Post by bagadbilla » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:21 am

Hi

I have a small doubt regarding passport deliveries ?

I had my passport interview on 10/07/2014 and on 11/07/2014 I got a message that my passport will be delivered within the next few working days.

As I read that "in most cases, your new passport will be delivered by a courier (on behalf of IPS) between
8am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday. In areas where there’s a low risk of deliveries being lost, your passport will be delivered by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery."

Since my passport did not come by 12/07/2014 (Saturday), I assumed that it will come from Monday onwards any day.

On 13/07/2014 (Sunday), I was out of home and during afternoon I got a call from some person saying they were there to deliver my passport. I do not know from where the courier man got my mobile number (may be my neighbors, still need to confirm that). The man spoke to me and said he is informing me that he will be dropping my passport in the letterbox which is situated outside the house. He said he is informing me for security reasons.

On my return, I did found the passport but I found the whole process of delivery a bit weird (being a Sunday especially) and a bit unsecured actually.

I mean, is this really a normal mode of passport delivery which can take place on a Sunday also or I am just over-thinking.

Anyone has had any similar courier delivery experience or any say on this.

Many Thanks

sjj101
Newly Registered

Re: Delivery of First Adult British Passport

Post by sjj101 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:01 am

bagadbilla wrote:Hi

I have a small doubt regarding passport deliveries ?

I had my passport interview on 10/07/2014 and on 11/07/2014 I got a message that my passport will be delivered within the next few working days.

As I read that "in most cases, your new passport will be delivered by a courier (on behalf of IPS) between
8am and 6pm, Monday to Saturday. In areas where there’s a low risk of deliveries being lost, your passport will be delivered by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery."

Since my passport did not come by 12/07/2014 (Saturday), I assumed that it will come from Monday onwards any day.

On 13/07/2014 (Sunday), I was out of home and during afternoon I got a call from some person saying they were there to deliver my passport. I do not know from where the courier man got my mobile number (may be my neighbors, still need to confirm that). The man spoke to me and said he is informing me that he will be dropping my passport in the letterbox which is situated outside the house. He said he is informing me for security reasons.

On my return, I did found the passport but I found the whole process of delivery a bit weird (being a Sunday especially) and a bit unsecured actually.

I mean, is this really a normal mode of passport delivery which can take place on a Sunday also or I am just over-thinking.

Anyone has had any similar courier delivery experience or any say on this.

Many Thanks
I believe Royal Mail is piloting a Sunday service scheme -http://www.royalmailgroup.com/royal-mai ... y-services.

bagadbilla
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by bagadbilla » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Hmm Thanks for pointing that out ... Much appreciated

But I am not sure if it came by royal mail or not. And I though Royal Mail requires someone to sign at home and if they do not find anyone they usually leave a collection slip.

I am not trying to be critical out here, but just trying to understand the whole process ... which seems a bit flawed to me at the moment ...

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:03 pm

bagadbilla wrote:Hmm Thanks for pointing that out ... Much appreciated

But I am not sure if it came by royal mail or not. And I though Royal Mail requires someone to sign at home and if they do not find anyone they usually leave a collection slip.

I am not trying to be critical out here, but just trying to understand the whole process ... which seems a bit flawed to me at the moment ...
Not sure what the moan is all about. I had my passport interview on Friday 11th July, and was surprised to find my passport in my post on Sunday 13th July. There was no signature required. Does it matter to me now? No. Just be glad the journey is over. Simples :P

As for your mobile, I thought HMPO has your contact details.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

ollieg123
Newly Registered

Post by ollieg123 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:31 am

I had a very strange delivery! A teenager arrived at my house in casual clothing (hoodie), driving a normal civilian hatchback car with no logos or indication it was a work vehicle, and he snapped a photo of me without warning as I opened the door on his phone; which seems odd simply because he couldn't have known that it was my passport and more importantly HE SHOULD have greeted me and asked permission/explained why etc. One addition to my experience with this replacement passport is the passport itself was handed to me by the young man, LOOSE and already WORN on the front cover, without any corresponding letter, note to sign for, or packaging!) Whether what I have described is a normal process for some passport deliveries is my biggest concern and I strongly believe this is not correct! I think if I knew that it does happen from time to time (an answer provided by the passport office), and there is nothing to be concerned about, then I would certainly be less anxious about it. However, common sense tells me that it was an odd event, very, very casual in nature for an incredibly important official document. The experience was more like what I imagine a drug dealer would behave, or some sort of debatable situation such as a debt collector or similar (referring to the quick pic he took). As you have probably surmised from this message, I doubt the authenticity of this passport and as a consequence I am confused and worried as to who, where and why I have potentially received a false document. I hope you can provide some light on the subject, but in the mean time I will set about sending the document to the relevant department as someone suggested. P.S the actual document has a faded logo on the front, also misaligned, it has too few pages in it, the photo is blurry, and some of the data is inconsistent such as the passport number, also the watermarks are misaligned and the pages are uneven. I'm no expert but most people would agree this is odd! Please please help shed any light on this as it has me worried quite a lot

Regards & Many Thanks,

Oliver