ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for wife, i have ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

yk910
Newly Registered

Visa for wife, i have ILR

Post by yk910 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:12 pm

Hello Experts,

I am Indian national with ILR in the UK. I am getting married in India this September and wondering what to do to bring my wife to the UK to live with me. Am i okay to bring her to the UK on a visit visa for 6 months from September and then extend her visa later on by applying a dependent visa within the UK? Can you also tell me what is the spouse visa called,I mean whats the technical term used for it?

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visa for wife, i have ILR

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:43 pm

No, you can only extend a visit visa in the most extreme circumstances, getting married not being one of them....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:16 pm

Hi Wanderer,

many thanks for this, so does that mean after the visit visa expires she will have to go back to India to apply for a dependent visa? I am trying to figure out the best way to bring her immediately to the UK after our wedding however i am not sure of the approach i must take. Could you guide me please?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:23 pm

yk910 wrote:Hi Wanderer,

many thanks for this, so does that mean after the visit visa expires she will have to go back to India to apply for a dependent visa? I am trying to figure out the best way to bring her immediately to the UK after our wedding however i am not sure of the approach i must take. Could you guide me please?

She will need to apply for entry clearance as a spouse (spousal visa). You will need to meet financial and accommodation requirements.

https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:49 pm

many thanks physicskate, the link is very helpful. I do meet the financial and accommodation requirements so no problem with that. The only problem (for us) is that the website states the visa processing time to be 12 weeks and that's quite a long wait which we were trying to avoid. looking at things i get the idea that there is nothing much that can be done about it.

Just few more questions,

1. is there a premium service for UK spouse visa when applying entry clearance from India?

2. I hear that marriage certificates (from India) need to be attested by ministry of foreign affairs India in order to apply UK spouse visa, is that true?

3. anything else i need to be aware of for UK spouse visa ?

physicskate
Diamond Member

Post by physicskate » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:56 pm

yk910 wrote:many thanks physicskate, the link is very helpful. I do meet the financial and accommodation requirements so no problem with that. The only problem (for us) is that the website states the visa processing time to be 12 weeks and that's quite a long wait which we were trying to avoid. looking at things i get the idea that there is nothing much that can be done about it.

Just few more questions,

1. is there a premium service for UK spouse visa when applying entry clearance from India?

2. I hear that marriage certificates (from India) need to be attested by ministry of foreign affairs India in order to apply UK spouse visa, is that true?

3. anything else i need to be aware of for UK spouse visa ?
Processing times are subject to change - they can be shorter or longer, depending on the current workload. Unfortunately, she is probably unlikely to be granted a visit visa, which could definitely NOT be converted to a spouse visa. Unless she can demonstrate incredibly strong links to India and can convince the ECO that should would not overstay, this really is your only option.

I can't comment on any specific requirements from India...

yk910
Newly Registered

Post by yk910 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:02 pm

many thanks for all your help

Macro_Run
Member of Standing

Post by Macro_Run » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Check it, is there any fast track application in visa4uk website?.
when you apply spouse visa in India, it would be very nice if you submit your supporting document as well
- Your passport & BRP copies
- your employer letter with recent payslips
- Recent bank statement.
- Marriage certificate.
- Wedding Invitation. (not mandatory)
- Your tenancy agreement sheet.