ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

COA for EEA2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed80
Newly Registered

COA for EEA2

Post by syed80 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:58 am

Hi

I applied for my EEA2 and my wife's(EU Natiuonal) EEA1 together on 2nd july. After 3 days i got a job offer, they gave me training but their HR department refused to do my job contract because i cant proof my legal status in UK. On 10th July I called HO, they told me a COA with right to work has been sent on 7th of July.

Now today is 15 July and I still have not received my COA. Should I wait for the post or its lost? if its lost should i cantact HO to send me one again. I am going to change my residence in next 2 to 3 days. Many thanks in advance

PAGGY
Newly Registered

Re: COA for EEA2

Post by PAGGY » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:13 pm

I think you should probably wait till the end of the week before calling again.
I am currently in the same position as you,I sent my application on third and only got an acknowledgement on 11th so I am hoping the COA comes at the end of the week.
Just to confirm which number did you call?

syed80
Newly Registered

Post by syed80 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:39 pm

PAGGY wrote:I think you should probably wait till the end of the week before calling again.
I am currently in the same position as you,I sent my application on third and only got an acknowledgement on 11th so I am hoping the COA comes at the end of the week.
Just to confirm which number did you call?
Hi paggy,

thanks for your reply. i will ait until the end of this week. i called at this number:03001232253. the person who received the call was very polite n helpful, ask for my name n d.o.b the told me that they have issued my coa on 7th. he also told my case ID. hope this helps. gudluck

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm

Call the number listed above, the EEA nationals enquiries line, give them your details, and ask them to confirm that the CoA has been issued with a right to work.

if it has been issued with right to work, call your employers HR and ask them to submit an ECS (employment checking service) form to the Home Office and ask them to call the same number that you just called (the EEA nationals enquiries) to enquiry about your CoA being issued and your right to work. perhaps this will give your employer enough to go on to get the contract started while you wait for the actual CoA to arrive in the post

syed80
Newly Registered

Post by syed80 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:25 pm

jbminger wrote:Call the number listed above, the EEA nationals enquiries line, give them your details, and ask them to confirm that the CoA has been issued with a right to work.

if it has been issued with right to work, call your employers HR and ask them to submit an ECS (employment checking service) form to the Home Office and ask them to call the same number that you just called (the EEA nationals enquiries) to enquiry about your CoA being issued and your right to work. perhaps this will give your employer enough to go on to get the contract started while you wait for the actual CoA to arrive in the post
Hi jbminger,

i received the COA today and i gave it to the manager, he forwarded to HR and they submited an ECS and told me to wait until they get the reply for ECS. HR not interested to call home office, instead submited just ECS. do you have any idea how many days it will take to receieve a reply for ECS? many thanks

jbminger
Ireland

Post by jbminger » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm

I think the ECS takes maybe 5 days, it shouldn't be any more than 7. But I'd say it will come back with a positive result if you've received the CoA.

Congrats BTW.

syed80
Newly Registered

Post by syed80 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:12 pm

jbminger wrote:I think the ECS takes maybe 5 days, it shouldn't be any more than 7. But I'd say it will come back with a positive result if you've received the CoA.

Congrats BTW.
thanx jbminger. i will let you know the outcome of the enquiry.