ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent ILR visa from India.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tripas33
India

Dependent ILR visa from India.

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Dear Friends,

Thanks to you all for helping to get my ILR visa.
Looking forward , marriage in on my cards. I am getting married soon , my would be wife is in India.
I assume and hope the process to get a dependent ILR visa for her from Mumbai would be easy and straight forward.
Guess , she will have to pass the life in UK exam to be eligible for UK visa ?
if you guys have and details to share or any experiences , it would be of great help.

Many Thanks.
Reg,
Tripas

O_Relly

Re: Dependent ILR visa from India.

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:00 pm

There is no such thing as ILR dependent, she would have to apply as a dependent on the basis of the previous visa category that you were on, before obtaining your ILR.

See,
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/exceptions

Life in UK test is only for people applying for their ILR. Your dependent will need to complete 5 years before she is eligible for ILR.
Cheers,
OR

tripas33
India

Post by tripas33 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:18 pm

Thanks for the reply. I did had the clue...
Is it also valid to bring the spouse in UK on tourist/visitor visa and then migrate the visa cateogry in UK ?

Regards
tripas
O_Relly wrote:There is no such thing as ILR dependent, she would have to apply as a dependent on the basis of the previous visa category that you were on, before obtaining your ILR.

See,
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/exceptions

Life in UK test is only for people applying for their ILR. Your dependent will need to complete 5 years before she is eligible for ILR.
Reg,
Tripas

SSA_18

Post by SSA_18 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:23 pm

Definitely not a good idea to bring her in as a tourist in my opinion. Better to apply for the straightforward route.

O_Relly

Post by O_Relly » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:52 pm

Is it also valid to bring the spouse in UK on tourist/visitor visa and then migrate the visa cateogry in UK ?
It is not possible to switch in-country into any other category once you in as a Visitor. She would have to return back and then apply for EC.
Cheers,
OR

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:36 pm

guyz and senior members
Here i am again seeking ur valuable advice and suggestion. As i received my ILR yesterday now i would like tojoin my wife from india. So can you please suggest me regarding documents and the entire process. Just to let you know i work part time and has registered sole trader business. I have little knowledge regarding dependent application. But please anyone from forum light on my case please. Much appreciated :? :D :? :wink:
jignesh

ajaybabu007

Post by ajaybabu007 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:27 am

I'm in same situation. O_relly; can you please let us know document checklist for processing spouse visa from India?

Thanks for views..

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:35 pm

@Ajaybabu007 kindly check out this link it will help you a lot.
https://www.gov.uk/join-family-in-uk/eligibility

But myself want to know more about the selfemployment .... do you have any idea where can i get information????
jignesh

jignesh455

Post by jignesh455 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:37 pm

ajaybabu007 wrote:I'm in same situation. O_relly; can you please let us know document checklist for processing spouse visa from India?

Thanks for views..
Do we have to maintain minimum balance for maintenance purpose??
jignesh

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:42 pm

Appendix FM-SE must be satisfied.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.