ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS Confusion

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mah

IELTS Confusion

Post by mah » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Dear All,

I have gone through most posts here regarding IELTS and validity for naturalisation and I am confused.

I used IELTS (taken outside the UK) in 2007 to apply for HSMP approval letter. Then I applied for the entry clearance visa (I don't think we needed to submit the IELTS report. and then Tier 1 and Settlement.

Now for naturalisation, should I take a new test?

My appointment is on Monday.

Please help, I am so worried.

Mah

mah

Re: IELTS Confusion

Post by mah » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Hi everybody,

any idea or help regarding my post? I don't have much time left. only till Monday.

Thanks,

Mah

crb

Post by crb » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:44 pm

so did u use ur expired ielts??? was it accepted??

northstar212
Newly Registered

Post by northstar212 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:09 pm

You can submit your latest IELTS or approved English tests, as long as you met the required score.No need to take one again anymore.

mah

Post by mah » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:38 pm

I used my expired IELTS. The NCS even didn't know about IELTS and have not seen one before !!! They just got it and submitted it. They are not deciding about our case. Fingers crossed, hope the home office accepts it.

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:45 am

I queried with the use of an expired IELTS with the Home Office directly writing to them at their Liverpool address.

From the few people I got replies from, their position on accepting the expired certificate had to meet one of the two criteria:

1. It must have been accepted for a previous application, eg entry clearance

2. If it is being presented for the first time, then it must have been taken in the UK and on the OFQUAL register.

If it didn't meet these two criteria, they stated that the validity of the 2 year expiry would therefore apply.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided