ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

urgent help needed

Post by SSWSZ » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:27 am

i really need a help for my friend as she is travelling abroad on sunday and want to clear this confusion.
she came here as british spouse in 2007 on passport with fathers name on it then got ilr in 2011 on same passport now as her passport is expired she renew it with a husband name on it .
now the problem is she is travelling abroad with 2 passports with different surnames and ilr is on the old passport .i want to ask if this create any problem for her while going and coming back to uk,
just to make clear she is travelling with her 2 kids both are british .
thanks in advance
ss

allwell46
United Kingdom

Re: urgent help needed

Post by allwell46 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:53 pm

What is the name on brp card? Is it with father name or husband name?

SSWSZ wrote:i really need a help for my friend as she is travelling abroad on sunday and want to clear this confusion.
she came here as british spouse in 2007 on passport with fathers name on it then got ilr in 2011 on same passport now as her passport is expired she renew it with a husband name on it .
now the problem is she is travelling abroad with 2 passports with different surnames and ilr is on the old passport .i want to ask if this create any problem for her while going and coming back to uk,
just to make clear she is travelling with her 2 kids both are british .
thanks in advance

johnj1

Post by johnj1 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Best to travel with her marriage certificate to be on safer side. The spouse visa that she came to UK will have the name of her husband endorsed on it, so there won't be any confusion when being cleared by immigration officials.

SSWSZ
Member of Standing

Post by SSWSZ » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:07 am

Thanks for he replies .i talked to ho and they said the same that take as many proofs as possible to show the previous name and then the current one.she doesnot have any brp her Ilr is stamped on passport .
ss