ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IS151A and Tier 2 Query

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

risingmoon19

IS151A and Tier 2 Query

Post by risingmoon19 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:54 pm

Hello Guys,

I am asking this on behalf of my friend so here is the situation in his own words:

"Hello
I was in the UK on Student visa from 2009 to 2011. In May 2011, I applied for further leave to remain and provided my CAS as well as bank statement. However, my application was returned because UKBA was unable to deduct visa fee from my bank account. UKBA returned my application on 7th of June but due to lack of maintenance funds in my account I was unable to apply with the maintenance and correct fee until 16th of September.

My application was again refused and returned in November, 2011. The reason given was that because my student visa had already been expired, so £1600 maintenance is not good enough and I should have applied with £7200 maintenance. I received my refusal letter but I was not provideded with passport and was told to leave the country

I decided to appeal against the decision and went to first tier tribunal but unfortunately, my appeal was refused and I was ordered to leave the country within 28 days. I decided to leave UK Voluntarily but was served with IS15A at the Airport. I left UK on 08th of JAN, 2012

In 2013, I applied for Student visa again for my Masters course and was called for an interview. During face-to-face interview, I was not asked anything about my previous immigration history but about my prospective course, career plans etc. I tried to provide answers as best as I could but my visa was again refused and reason given was that during the interview I was unable to satisfy visa officer that I am a genuine student . Meanwhile, I had completed my education in my home country and had been awarded UK University degree.

Last month, I applied online for Tier2 Job and after interview, I was offered a full time position in a London based company. As per Tier2 guidance, I score required points for Attribute,maintenance and English language. My employer is willing to sponsor me and currently have one restricted cos available. However, I am bit scared to apply this time given my previous immigration history. Do you think I have a chance ? "

Do you see any issues with his Tier2 application based on his previous immigration history considering he is scoring required points for Tier2 application and he is well qualified for the job as well.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks

risingmoon

FaeLLe
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: IS151A and Tier 2 Query

Post by FaeLLe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:28 pm

Answer honestly and declare all your previous visa rejections you should be fine.

Did you declare your circumstances in the visa application form when you applied for your second student visa? The visa officer might have been waiting for you to talk about it and clarify yourself, but when you didn't talk about it must have thought you were trying to hide something.

risingmoon19

Re: IS151A and Tier 2 Query

Post by risingmoon19 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:35 pm

Thanks FaeLLe

I did provide one liners but I guess that was not sufficient. I am thinking to explain my circumstances in a separate cover letter and be honest. Hopefully, case worker will understand and grant me a visa