ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa Refusal for Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-law

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Visit Visa Refusal for Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-law

Post by hassanh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:06 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry for this very long post but I am in need of urgent help. My mother-in-law and sister-in-law applied for General Visit visa and submitted their documents on 27th June, 2014. My wife received a sponsorship call on 3rd of July, 2014 and Yesterday, the received a refusal letter (dated 7th of July, 2014). The refusal points make no sense at all to me and I am not sure how to go about this situation?

The refusal points are:

1) My mother-in-law has income of around 55,000 PKR out of which Rs. 40,000 she receives as a profit of money invested in a family friend's business through cheque every month and remaining 15,000 she gets as a profit of saving certificates she owns in CASH (She did not mention in the form that she receives this 15,000 income in cash as we pre assume that it is obvious that in Pakistan people always get saving certificates income as cash and she also provided copies of all the saving certificates she owns).

The visa officer is satisfied about Rs.40,000 as they reflect in her bank account but remaining Rs.15,000 do not appeared to be deposited in her account and hence visa officer was not satisfied that she is actually earning the amount she has claimed.

2) Visa officer stated in refusal that as my mother-in-law is travelling with her only dependent daughter to see her son in UK who is settled in UK so therefore, she has shown very little ties to Pakistan and visa officer is not satisfied that she has genuine intensions to visit UK and she will come back at the end of the visit.

Now, the 2nd point of refusal is very weird as my mother-in-law has no son. She just have two daughters (one is of age 18 who applied with her and her 2nd elder daughter is my wife who is with me in UK). I am on Tier 2 General visa and my wife is on my dependents visa and we are temporary migrant here (not settled at all, if we would be settled then we would ask them to apply for Family visit visa not General visit visa). My mother-in-law submitted copies her property documents, car ownership documents and saving certificates and my sister-in-law submitted copies of her Educational documents, college Id card etc to show that she is in full time education and recently taken her HSC exams and currently on holidays awaiting for her result. My wife is expecting a baby in August. They also clearly stated their reason of visit as they are willing to visit UK to see us and to share the happiness of new arrival in our family with us but still visa officer thinks they did not show genuine intensions to visit UK.

The points on my sister-in-law were first of all as she will be supported by her mother for her trip and her mother visa application has already been refused so visa officer is not satisfied that she can afford the trip on her own. The second point was same as my mother-in-law that as she is going to visit her brother who is settle in UK so she has not shown strong ties with Pakistan. (Again she have one sister and no brother at all).

Can any one please suggest how to go about this. I want to re apply for them ASAP as my wife due date is in early August. How should they clarify the concerns raised by visa officer in first refusal? Do they have any chance to get the visa this time? Can they apply immediately or they will have to wait for certain amount of time? Will really appreciate your help guys?

Thanks,
Hassan

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Visit Visa Refusal for Mother-in-Law and Sister-in-law

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:17 am

You can only re-apply since appeals are limited to Human Rights and discrimination only, plus appeals take ages.

I fear though even a new application will be too late for an August birth.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:22 am

Hi Wanderer,

Thank you for your reply. The due date is 10th August and we are thinking to reapply by next week so there will be at least 12 to 15 days before date. And it does not matter if they arrive little late after the baby's birth (like if they arrive on 15th August).

Can you please suggest me how should they justify the concerns made by visa officer in her previous refusal specially the reason of not having strong Ties in Pakistan?

Thanks,
Hassan

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:36 am

Hi , Other excuses are lame , main one is you mentioned you wife is expecting baby.. i know some of friends who mentioned this in invitation letter get refusal , ECO say he /she is not sure applicant would go back. They think you are actually calling them as child minder, which is very obvious reason to refuse.

**Please guys dont mention you need your mother/mother in law to be here because your wife is expecting*****

Mention some other reasons (Allah knows what will be outcome of my mum's application)

this time , I mentioned in letter , Holy month Ramadhan is coming and We want to celebrate Eid with her. plus children would have school holidays so they will enjoy to gathering

1st time when I invited her , I wrote in letter:

Xmas is coming , by chance my DOB is close to that so , I mentioned I want to celebrate XMAS holidays with her and later would like enjoy new year eve .. (being Muslim, we don't celebrate these but that made case)

so please always find such a events for invitation.

Regarding Cash matters, use extra column to explain that you get this money in shape of cash.
Khurram

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:54 am

Hi Khurram,

Thanks for your reply. Khurram I just mentioned in invitation letter that we are expecting our first baby and we want them to visit us to share this wonderful happiness of our life. This should not give ECO the impression that we are calling them over here as a child minder. This was necessary to mention as obviously this was the main reason for her visit and we did not want to hide anything.

Well ECO has not raised concern over this. They just this my mother-in-law is willing to visit his son settled in UK (although she has no son and nothing like this was mentioned anywhere on his form).

Thanks,
Hassan