ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN (British Citizenship) questions

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gojo
Newly Registered
Armenia

Form AN (British Citizenship) questions

Post by gojo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:07 pm

Hi All

I have questions related to the form AN (British Citizenship). I would appreciate it if somebody can answer.

1) Should applicant answer the questions from 1.37 to 1.43 (details of previous marriage) if the applicant is widowed?
2) Should the applicant tick the box of the statement 6.5 even if the applicant doesn't provide any photocopy of passports?

3) Here are two citations from the Guide AN (section 3) and the Form AN (section "Supporting documents"), respectively:
a) "...You should indicate in the space provided on the back of the application form what documents you have supplied
and why..."
b) "... You should provide documents to cover each of the sections shown below that are relevant to your application,
and tick to indicate the type of evidence you have enclosed..."

Are these two statements the same? If follow both statements, the applicant should tick the provided documents in the list given in the section "Supporting documents" of the Form AN (pages 17 and 18) and also write down the list of these documents explaining why there are presented in the free space on the page 18 of the Form AN. Am I right?

Cheers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Form AN (British Citizenship) questions

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:38 pm

gojo wrote:Hi All

I have questions related to the form AN (British Citizenship). I would appreciate it if somebody can answer.

1) Should applicant answer the questions from 1.37 to 1.43 (details of previous marriage) if the applicant is widowed? If you have ticked 'widowed?' in 1.15, I would imagine not but don't think it would make a difference if you included the detail or not. If you are applying on the basis of 5 years residence, it is not too relevant.
2) Should the applicant tick the box of the statement 6.5 even if the applicant doesn't provide any photocopy of passports? It is not relevant if you are not submitting a photocopy of the passport

3) Here are two citations from the Guide AN (section 3) and the Form AN (section "Supporting documents"), respectively:
a) "...You should indicate in the space provided on the back of the application form what documents you have supplied
and why..."
b) "... You should provide documents to cover each of the sections shown below that are relevant to your application,
and tick to indicate the type of evidence you have enclosed..."

Are these two statements the same? If follow both statements, the applicant should tick the provided documents in the list given in the section "Supporting documents" of the Form AN (pages 17 and 18) and also write down the list of these documents explaining why there are presented in the free space on the page 18 of the Form AN. Am I right? You don't have to write down what documents are including, just tick the relevant box 6.4. and submit the documents relevant to your application.

Cheers
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.