ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

E-mailing UK visa about spouse visa application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

DANIEL10
Newly Registered

E-mailing UK visa about spouse visa application

Post by DANIEL10 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Hi, me and my wife have applied for a UK visa spouse application about two months ago but still have no decision yet, we have been told that they will e-mail us and could take up to four months when they make decision we sent them a e-mail last week incase they have already sent us a e-mail with decision and we didn't get and they say is still under processing but we have thought to send them a e-mail every week to make sure we get there e-mail incase we have decision without knowing as some other UK visa centres offer a sms and a link to check on website, do you think if we do this though it could affect are chance of getting the visa or could they even put the decision back as we send so many e-mails?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: E-mailing UK visa about spouse visa application

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:05 pm

Nah, it's a Government Organisation, it will take as looking as it takes, emails, calls and letters will be ignored. Sit back and chillax.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

DANIEL10
Newly Registered

Post by DANIEL10 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:23 pm

Thanks for that I am guessing if government organisation we would get a e-mail or they wouldn't be able to run a service like that, do you think if we kept on bombarding them with e-mails it could harm our application or they may decide to put are application back because of this or as its a government organisation it wouldn't effect are application we would just be wasting our own time?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:29 pm

DANIEL10 wrote:Thanks for that I am guessing if government organisation we would get a e-mail or they wouldn't be able to run a service like that, do you think if we kept on bombarding them with e-mails it could harm our application or they may decide to put are application back because of this or as its a government organisation it wouldn't effect are application we would just be wasting our own time?
Two months isn't long to wait, don't sweat it. We waited 7 months for ILR and over the course of the ten years from first visa to BC application posted yesterday I reckon we've lost 20 months to HO/IND/BIA/UKBA/UKVI delays and chopping and changing names.

You could try your MP but other are waiting and have waited longer....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

WR1

Post by WR1 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:39 am

Two months is a very short time, you won't get any decision yet.

Normally a decision is made in 3 to 4 months but this can be longer due to many factors and I think a lot of people currently have been waiting longer than 6 months still waiting on a decision. I know someone who has been waiting 10 months and still no decision.

There a few threads on this forum labelled "Spouse Visa Application (Timeline Only)" have a read through them and it will give you a general idea of how long people are waiting for their decisions

You'll need patience.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided